Level 3 Running Tumbling Pass

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Apr 27, 2014
At tryouts this year we show them our most impressive running tumbling pass. Is there one I can do that goes backwards the way I came? (does that make sense?) I can include roundoffs, FWO, front handsprings, BHS, BWO and tucks. Is going back across the floor even legal at level 3?

At level 3 you can do as many handsprings as you want back and forth across the floor as long as you don't tuck until the end. I would recommend doing a front walkover, front handspring step out, round-off, back handspring step out, back walkover, back handspring step out, front walkover, front handspring step out, round off, back handspring, tuck. It sounds kind of insane, but a girl on our level 3 team did it this year and it was awesome. You'll be really tired by the time you get to the tuck, but if you can pull it off, the judges will be speechless!!

I think it would be impressive to see someone do a pass that is forwards and then goes in reverse, like mirror all the skills you did forward only backwards. Such as cartwheel, front walkover, front handspring, cartwheel then go back the same way doing a roundoff, back walkover, back handspring then back tuck if you can do so. Of course you could make it more difficult and add more skills but it's just a thought

A very common level three pass is front tuck forward roll roundoff 2 BHS tuck. Your coaches will be ferry impressed if you show them that!

Most of our passes are the front punch forward roll round 2 BHS tuck (since it was basically a requirement to have front punch). I just don't understand why my cp can't do a front handspring front punch forward roll round off 2 BHS tuck. Like why is it illegal. If she can do a BHS back tuck, she should be able to do it forward. Ahh our last pass kids will be doing the same skills as all the passes before them with little variations of course ...so nothing to really set them apart.

Most of our passes are the front punch forward roll round 2 BHS tuck (since it was basically a requirement to have front punch). I just don't understand why my cp can't do a front handspring front punch forward roll round off 2 BHS tuck. Like why is it illegal. If she can do a BHS back tuck, she should be able to do it forward. Ahh our last pass kids will be doing the same skills as all the passes before them with little variations of course ...so nothing to really set them apart.

I don't know, but the rules CLEARLY STATE that front handsprings into front tucks are illegal. Probably USASF will only allow straight front punches in.order to get athletes to maximize their.height on the skill, and throwing skills before it might be too much of a stretch.

I don't know, but the rules CLEARLY STATE that front handsprings into front tucks are illegal. Probably USASF will only allow straight front punches in.order to get athletes to maximize their.height on the skill, and throwing skills before it might be too much of a stretch.
Oh I understand it's illegal I just think it doesn't make sense. A BHS back tuck is basically the same skill as a front handspring front tuck. So you can do it backwards and not forward! Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

With the new "front walkover is king" scoring I'm expecting to see a lot of punch front-front walkover-robhs-tuck series.

With the new "front walkover is king" scoring I'm expecting to see a lot of punch front-front walkover-robhs-tuck series.
Don't forget the foward roll first (after the tuck) and then taking a couple steps afterwards into the FWO- robhs- tuck, because no tumbling isballowed after a punch front with the exception of a foward roll, and the passes need ti be separated. :)

Don't forget the foward roll first (after the tuck) and then taking a couple steps afterwards into the FWO- robhs- tuck, because no tumbling isballowed after a punch front with the exception of a foward roll, and the passes need ti be separated. :)
You do not *have* to do a forward roll after the punch front, just the steps in between additional skills.

Varsity just amended their rules - under their version of the "unified" scoresheet, you don't need 75% specialty passes to get into the high range. As of now, for JamBrands you still do.

A front handspring front tuck is a *ton* harder than a back handspring back tuck (the front handspring needs to be absolutely perfect or it will be on the ground, not as true w/ a robhsbt). The difficulty alone may be why it's not allowed in level 3. You really have to do a forward roll out of a front tuck in level 3 - I swear they had my daughter doing a punch front then a few steps and into a roundoff, etc. tonight for "a level 3 pass"?

Are you allowed to do a front handspring front tuck in level 4?

A front handspring front tuck is a *ton* harder than a back handspring back tuck (the front handspring needs to be absolutely perfect or it will be on the ground, not as true w/ a robhsbt). The difficulty alone may be why it's not allowed in level 3. You really have to do a forward roll out of a front tuck in level 3 - I swear they had my daughter doing a punch front then a few steps and into a roundoff, etc. tonight for "a level 3 pass"?

Are you allowed to do a front handspring front tuck in level 4?

No, you do not have to do a forward roll after the front tuck. (I highlighted *have* in my previous post, but the "not" is there, too, ;) )

Here is the one and only running tumbling rule for level 4:

Skills are allowed up to 1 flipping and 0 twisting rotations.
Exception: Aerial cartwheels and Onodis are allowed

So yes, front HS-front tucks are legal in level 4... so are front tuck-front tuck-front HS-front tuck-front tuck (etc etc). I think that's kind of the point of @Kris10boo 's argument - FHS-front tuck seems to fit in the tumbling progression in level 3 more than in level 4 (please correct me if I'm wrong about what you're saying @Kris10boo )

Back