Level 3

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Mar 25, 2010
i know you can have a release move without having to be connected to the flyer at a prep.

if you want to do a "release move" to the top you must be connected to the flyer till the release move is finished all the way trough.

but what about if you wanted to FAKE a high to high in level 3 as long as you're connected someway somehow can it be legal?

you can do it. Must be braced on 2 sides by 2 flyers
Clarification: Level 3 Pyramid Release Moves may now incorporate stunt release moves that
maintain contact with one other top person provided the Release move meet the criteria
established under Stunt Release Moves. L3 Pyramid Release moves, must maintain contact with two
other top persons if the release move begins at prep level or above, passes above extended arm
level, includes more than one skill, or is caught in an extended position

you can do it. Must be braced on 2 sides by 2 flyers
Clarification: Level 3 Pyramid Release Moves may now incorporate stunt release moves that
maintain contact with one other top person provided the Release move meet the criteria
established under Stunt Release Moves. L3 Pyramid Release moves, must maintain contact with two
other top persons if the release move begins at prep level or above, passes above extended arm
level, includes more than one skill, or is caught in an extended position

in a pyramid yeah i knew that but i meant in a stunt sequence.. i tryed it at my kids practice and it worked i had the back stay connected to the flyer at all times.. but if performed and competed and competiton is it legal?

if the back stays constantly in contact with the flyer it is legal... that said im a really tall back and even i'd struggle to keep contact in a high to high tick tock!!

in a pyramid yeah i knew that but i meant in a stunt sequence.. i tryed it at my kids practice and it worked i had the back stay connected to the flyer at all times.. but if performed and competed and competiton is it legal?
Oops, Don't know how I missed that. haha. It would be legal if you could stay connected, however, a braced low to high tick tock would be worth the same amount. Neither are really a release move so it may be more beneficial to find something that is.

Oops, Don't know how I missed that. haha. It would be legal if you could stay connected, however, a braced low to high tick tock would be worth the same amount. Neither are really a release move so it may be more beneficial to find something that is.

true! hmmm..

I was just re-reading the rules for the billionth time, and I noticed that you can do release moves in pyramid while only being connected to ONE other flyer, provided you follow the stunt release rules (starting below prep level, not going above extended arm height, and ending at prep level or below). Maybe this has been discussed, but how do they measure "extended arm level"? I don't want to inadvertently break this rule.

I was just re-reading the rules for the billionth time, and I noticed that you can do release moves in pyramid while only being connected to ONE other flyer, provided you follow the stunt release rules (starting below prep level, not going above extended arm height, and ending at prep level or below). Maybe this has been discussed, but how do they measure "extended arm level"? I don't want to inadvertently break this rule.

It's a judgement call, but you look at where the bases hands would be if they were holding an extension and compare it to where the tops feet would be if she were standing upright. If the top person is balled up or not straight up and down you have to make a call based on leaving her hips at the same height and guessing where her feet would be if her legs were straight beneath her.

So a ball up stretch to the top is Legal if connected on one side? Or does it have to be caught at prep and pushed to the top?

It's a judgement call, but you look at where the bases hands would be if they were holding an extension and compare it to where the tops feet would be if she were standing upright. If the top person is balled up or not straight up and down you have to make a call based on leaving her hips at the same height and guessing where her feet would be if her legs were straight beneath her.
would this be a similar judging to release moves in level 3 start below prep level... does it have to from the floor or a gut stand or can it just be below the bases prep ie chest level not shoulder level like prep?

would this be a similar judging to release moves in level 3 start below prep level... does it have to from the floor or a gut stand or can it just be below the bases prep ie chest level not shoulder level like prep?

I think judging where a release move starts is more straightforward. In L3 it can start from the ground or gut/waist/stomach level. I wouldn't try holding a prep a little lower than normal and expect to get away with it.

Back