Level 4, 3/4 Up To Lib

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Dec 14, 2009
Help... Quick legality question... in level 4- can you 3/4 up to lib? Or only half up to lib?

Rules read you can only 1/2 up to one leg extended stunt... but under that it says the total rotation cannot exceed 1 full rotation... meaning flyer can half up and bases can quarter turn?? If you read the small print in red- it states that the total rotation cannot exceed 1 rotation... and then above it says only 1/2 twist....

Thanks!

That's an interesting question. I've always wondered about that clarification under C.2.a - it is word-for-word the same as under 2.b, and it never really seemed to fit - C.2.a is talking about 1/2 twists, then the clarification talks about illegalities after full twists... But you're right, the way that it is written right now, it seems like both 3/4 and full twists to extended lib should be legal if the flyer performs a half twist and the bases perform a half turn. It seems like if they had meant for it to be illegal, the clarification should read: "Clarification: Any additional turn performed by the bases in the same skill set would be illegal if
the resulting cumulative rotation of the top person exceeds 1/2 rotation. The safety judge will use the hips of the top person to determine the amount of total rotation a top person performs in a skill set. Once a stunt is hit (i.e. prep) and the athletes show a definite and clear stop, they may continue to walk the stunt in additional rotation."

Sorry, I'm not a safety judge, so I don't have an answer for you, but I'm really interested in a response. Thanks for asking :)

There can be a full twist if the skill starts & ends at prep or below (360, smoosh to smoosh), but can pass through extenced. However, if it starts or ends at extended level it can't exceed 1/2 (by the flyer, bases, or together).

Back