Level 4 Ball Up To Extension

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

May 4, 2011
Is a ball up to extension legal when performed like at the end of this routine?

confused by the part of the rules that say ground up, dont know if it only applies to twisting release moves

confused by the part of the rules that say ground up, dont know if it only applies to twisting release moves

Pretty sure it's illegal. Ground up means that at least one of the flyer's feet needs to start on the ground.

When doing a level 4 ball up you have to start loaded in with one foot on the ground like you would do a straight up lib. Then you go up like a straight up lib but then ball up to the top. You can't jump In for the load in like they do in the video you posted.

In L4 any Release Move landing in a extended position must start ground level (at least part of the body i.e 1 foot) and can´t twist/flip or pass above extended arm level.

If you want to ball up at level 4 just do it from the ground. NCA staffers call them a "Tossome" but its actually a really easy release move for level 3 and 4. You have the flyer start standing on the ground, the backspot grabs the waist like its a partner stunt, and then the bases grab thigh and ankle.

On the dip the flyer jumps and the bases continue the toss and catch her at an extension.

If you want to ball up at level 4 just do it from the ground. NCA staffers call them a "Tossome" but its actually a really easy release move for level 3 and 4. You have the flyer start standing on the ground, the backspot grabs the waist like its a partner stunt, and then the bases grab thigh and ankle.

On the dip the flyer jumps and the bases continue the toss and catch her at an extension.

I'm on staff and we call them quick ups! They're really easy, I hadn't thought of doing a ball up that way though. I'll have to try that!

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

It doesn't even look like a technical release move in the video.... one is holding the left foot the entire time and doesn't adjust her grip until the back has the ankles.

Shes not supposed to hold on, I think they just had a hard time doing it. Im saying that if they do it right its technically a release move, and once you get it adding a ball is super easy. I think its a way easier release move than a switch up.

This is more what I was going for, except with a ball up.

Last edited:
Back