Level 4 Double Down - Platform Vs Extension

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Mar 31, 2010
we were warned today about doubling down from a "platform." I looked in the glossary and couldn't find a definition for it. The judge explained it as feet touch = platform, I thought it was bases holding one foot but the feet are together. What is the actual interpretation of the rule?

@Andre, RulesGuy

we were warned today about doubling down from a "platform." I looked in the glossary and couldn't find a definition for it. The judge explained it as feet touch = platform, I thought it was bases holding one foot but the feet are together. What is the actual interpretation of the rule?

@Andre, RulesGuy

Andre

@championprinces is also a USASF certified judge, and she answer in the link I put for you.
Sorry if try to help bother you.

If the bases are holding both of your feet, that is an extension (extended two leg stunt)
You can double down from any two leg stunt regardless of what position your feet are in.

Sent from my Galaxy S III

What is the interpretation of the rule or what is a platform?

What is the interpretation of the rule or what is a platform?
The rule is quite clear 1 1/4 from platform and 2 from 2 1/4 from 2 legged stunts, but since the interpretation of the definition affects how the rule is applied.

An official ruling on this would be appreciated, since this judge's interpretation differs from mine, imrichhowboutu and the thread that Iván Roldán mentioned.

This judge is also the all-star director of a gym that we'll be competing against this weekend, so something I can point to and say each base has a foot therefore its a two legged stunt would be nice, I emailed RulesGuy on saturday but haven't heard back from him yet

The rule is quite clear 1 1/4 from platform and 2 from 2 1/4 from 2 legged stunts, but since the interpretation of the definition affects how the rule is applied.

An official ruling on this would be appreciated, since this judge's interpretation differs from mine, imrichhowboutu and the thread that Iván Roldán mentioned.

This judge is also the all-star director of a gym that we'll be competing against this weekend, so something I can point to and say each base has a foot therefore its a two legged stunt would be nice, I emailed RulesGuy on saturday but haven't heard back from him yet

The question is whether or not it's a 2 leg stunt. A platform has bases under one foot with the other foot next to it, but since bases are only 1 it is a 1 leg stunt.

Les was in Indy for Majors and Super Nationals. Send a video to [email protected] to get an official response. I expect responses to be slow this week based on the number of major events this weekend and the amount of activity on our group chat.

The question is whether or not it's a 2 leg stunt. A platform has bases under one foot with the other foot next to it, but since bases are only 1 it is a 1 leg stunt.

Les was in Indy for Majors and Super Nationals. Send a video to [email protected] to get an official response. I expect responses to be slow this week based on the number of major events this weekend and the amount of activity on our group chat.
Thanks, I emailed that address about an hour ago.

Perhaps it should have a spot in the glossary to avoid issues since there are a few different things that hinge on that definition

Thanks, I emailed that address about an hour ago.

Perhaps it should have a spot in the glossary to avoid issues since there are a few different things that hinge on that definition

It's on the list of things to add to the glossary, but there's only 1 thing that hinges on it, and it allows teams to perform more that they would otherwise be allowed to.

Interesting, since a platform is the exception to the twisting rule in level 4.

Interesting, since a platform is the exception to the twisting rule in level 4.
I believe this was clarified in the summer for all safety judges.

Full up to one leg platform.... legal if platform is held for at least 2 counts.

Double down from platform... illegal. Since it is a one legged stunt.

Sent from my Galaxy S III

Back