Level 4 Hand Stand/inversion

Discussion in 'Is this legal?' started by XtremeWpg, Jan 3, 2017.

1. XtremeWpg

XtremeWpg I have my own cheer message board

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Coach
    In level 4 stunting and pyramids, how many bracers do you need for a handstand up?

Ie- you can do a handstand at prep level, power press to extension in level 4, but to go from handstand to non inverted, what are the rules? Prep to prep without a brace and prep to extended with one?

2. Quotation

Quotation I make my own voiceovers

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Coach / Athlete
    you are allowed to go from a prep handstand to prep (at level) or extended two leg (elite) stunt without a brace in level 4, but going to extended one leg makes it level 5. in that case going from a handstand at prep level to an extended lib in a pyramid would require one bracer

a general rule for pyramids, although it is never explicitly stated, is that a skill that is one level above requires one bracer, and a skill that is two levels above requires two bracers, for example a high-to-high is a level 5 skill, so to have it in a level 4 pyramid it needs one bracer, and in level 3 it needs 2 bracers.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Shimmy Shimmy x 1
    • List
  3. JJA

JJA I'm new. Don't Hurt Me

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Coach
    Actually you are not allowed to go from a prep handstand to extended two feet at level 4. Release moves that land in extended position must originate from waist level or below.

In theory your logic works and I use it for the most part as well, however it does not work for a number of things at level 3 and it does not work in this case as you are allowed to go from inverted prep to non inverted extended in level 5 stunts but you are not allowed to do it in a level 4 pyramid with 1 connection as the USASF deems this to be a braced inversion, which at level 4 requires 2 bracers.

I'm not sure I totally agree with it but the USASF know what they're doing and at the moment, that is how they interpret the skill.

"Pyramid transitions may involve braced inversions (including braced flips) while released from the bases if contact is maintained with at least 2 persons at prep level or below. Contact must be maintained with the same bracers throughout entire transition."

So your inverted handstand could go prep to extended as long as it's connected to 2 bracers.

While this forum can help guide you in the right direction, the only way to know for sure is to send a video to the USASF rules email. Ensuring you follow all of their guidelines on their website in order to receive a response.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited: Jan 13, 2017
  4. Eme

Eme I'm new. Don't Hurt Me

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Coach / Athlete
    What different ways can you legally perform a released inversion from below prep to extension, non braced in level four? Like a handstand inversion? I've seen people perform it where the bases have basket grips and the flyer is in a literal handstand on their hands but are there any other ways?

Last edited: Feb 12, 2017
  5. luv2cheer92

luv2cheer92 Moderator Staff Member Bracket Winner Video Curator

Shimmys Received:
    Web:
    I am a(n)...:
    Athlete
    My team has done it where the flyer is in a handstand with her hands touching the ground and then popped up into extension.

6. JJA

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Coach
    Bases have left foot at waist level, right foot is straight out and up in the air(backspot can hold it up) and the flyer pushes off the bases front shoulder to do a switch up (inverted switch up to extended one foot from waist level)

7. Eme

Eme I'm new. Don't Hurt Me

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Coach / Athlete
    Where would the bases hold for this?

8. luv2cheer92

luv2cheer92 Moderator Staff Member Bracket Winner Video Curator

Shimmys Received:
    Web:
    I am a(n)...:
    Athlete
    One hand at the shoulder and one hand on the hip/lower stomach. Similar grips as a back handspring up.

9. dat.jpp

dat.jpp I named my pet Sir Fierce-a-lot

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Athlete
    you could literally just do a bump up from prep to extention.

10. JJA

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Coach
    She's asking about inverted to non inverted releases though, you can't release from prep to extended at level 4.