Level 4 Helicopters

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Level 4 Stunts J5 - Helicopters are allowed up to a 180 degree rotation and zero twisting and must be caught by at least 3 catchers, one of which is positioned at head and shoulder area of the top.

speaking of helicopters. In level 5 you can do a 180 degree helicopter with 2 twists by the flyer. interested to see if anyone does that.

Tip: When trying for the first time, the easiest way I've found is to have 4 spotters. One at the head & shoulders, two at the side, & one at the feet. This extra spotter at the feet can initiate more momentum (it's pretty hard for the other 3 spotters to since they are underneath the stunt), and can also catch the top girl at her head and shoulders.

Please be safe while trying this stunt!!! This is coming from someone who has witnessed a lot of trial-and-error with it.. it's definitely not easy with 3 spotters!

Tip: When trying for the first time, the easiest way I've found is to have 4 spotters. One at the head & shoulders, two at the side, & one at the feet. This extra spotter at the feet can initiate more momentum (it's pretty hard for the other 3 spotters to since they are underneath the stunt), and can also catch the top girl at her head and shoulders.

Please be safe while trying this stunt!!! This is coming from someone who has witnessed a lot of trial-and-error with it.. it's definitely not easy with 3 spotters!

Thanks, we only have 3 spotters because we don't have front spots. But when we first learned how to do it the Choreographer said first we should spot it around, and make sure we do it right because if we do it wrong once, then we're going to do it wrong again.
The first problem was that the base in the middle of the pyramid kept getting kicked in the head from the spin. And that was easily fixed. We moved farther away . But now when we do the helicopter the flyer ends up landing on her back. I really don't know what's happening.

On the base's back? (haha sorry I'm just trying to visualize what's going on)
Okay so I will try my best to get this right. lol
We're in the middle of out pyramid ; the flyer is on her stomach and we're holding her. Two people have her midsection , and I ( backspot ) have her legs. We toss her and she turns 180 . but when we catch her, she's on her back instead of her stomach. :confused:

Okay so I will try my best to get this right. lol
We're in the middle of out pyramid ; the flyer is on her stomach and we're holding her. Two people have her midsection , and I ( backspot ) have her legs. We toss her and she turns 180 . but when we catch her, she's on her back instead of her stomach. :confused:

Is it necessary for her to be on her stomach for the sake of the pyramid? I would try it with the top girl on her back for the sake of safety. This way you'll be able to catch her head and shoulders, which is necessary for the stunt to be legal.

Also, when throwing her legs, make sure you're not throwing UP, but around. If her legs are higher than her core it may be the cause of her twisting with the rotation

Is it necessary for her to be on her stomach for the sake of the pyramid? I would try it with the top girl on her back for the sake of safety. This way you'll be able to catch her head and shoulders, which is necessary for the stunt to be legal.

Also, when throwing her legs, make sure you're not throwing UP, but around. If her legs are higher than her core it may be the cause of her twisting with the rotation
ohhhhhhhh . i see.

Back