Level 4 Stunt Question

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Nov 14, 2010
My mom just recently called me asking about a level 4 rule. In level 4, is it legal to do single-legged stunts with only 2 spotters underneath? and are you allowed to single twist out of it or only cradle? If anyone could please answer this question, it would be awesome. My mom's team is trying to work on new stunts at practice tonight

All depends on grips.

A spotter is required for each top person in an extended stunt or passing through an extended position.

1. Cradles from single based stunts must have a separate spotter with at least one hand-arm supporting the waist to shoulder region to protect the head and shoulder area through the cradle.
    2. Cradles from multi-based stunts must have two catchers and a separate spotter with at least one hand-arm supporting the waist to shoulder region to protect the head and shoulder area through the cradle.

I was wondering this too when reading the rules. So if you do a "two-man" and you have the secondary holding the foot and ankle can you have just those two catch? or is that considered a multi-based stunt meaning you need spotter for the back.

so if it's done like one spotter is a backspot and the other is a base, this is okay?
Yes.

One person on ankles or foot and ankle makes them a spotter and it would be a single based stunt if one other person was under it. If both athletes had hands just on the feet, it would require an additional spot.

My CP does a heel stretch with just 2 bases...perhaps one is considered a spotter...but there has never been any comment about it.

Back