Level 4 Tumbling

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Aug 22, 2012
ok so i am on a junior level 4 team and someone on my team was wondering if you can do like roundoff backhand spring whip tuck or layouts in level 4?

I'm on a junior level 4 team as well, and you have to do a back handspring before your tuck or layout. Ex : roundoff bhs whip bhs lay-tuck.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

Not positive but what the girl above me is saying you cannot connect a tuck or layout right after a whip, you must put a back handspring in between

Wait?
I thought you could do whip layout?
I didn't know you had to put a BHS in between?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I believe whip layouts are legal in running tumbling only in level 4. here are the rules:
"Jumps are not considered a tumbling skill from a legalities point of view. Therefore, if a jump skill is included in a tumbling pass, the jump will break up the pass.
Example: If an athlete in L4 were to do a round off – toe touch – back handspring – whip – layout, this would be considered illegal since consecutive a flip-flip combination is not allowed in Standing Tumbling for L4."

it specifically says standing tumbling, and does not mention anything about flip flip combinations in running tumbling

I'm no expert on rules but I see Ellenwood Allstars senior level 4 throwing whip layout step outs all the time. I think they're just illegal standing.

My friend's Cp's pass on level 4 last season was front punch step out round off back handspring whip whip layout step out. She was last pass.

Back