All-Star Level 5 Discounts

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Aug 7, 2010
So I know of multiple gyms that give discounted or sometimes NO tution to boys on level 5 teams, what about the girls on level 5? I just do not see how a gym could be like "hey your a boy so you don't have to pay anything, but your a girl and even though you have a double full you still need to pay us $110 a month''. Could anyone give me some reasoning behind this?

One main reason is the fact that boys are much harder to find. Also, they don't need as many things as the girls like hair bows, make up, etc.

a lot of boys i know pay cheaper tuition or dont pay at all, but they teach beginner tumbling classes and clean the gym a lot.

Even without the tumbling, they add to the difficulty stunting and it can (possibly) add more confidence for the flyers knowing they have someone stronger under them... But those are just my observations. :)

Our boys pay 55 dollars and we pay 125. It seems unfair but I know boys add alot to teams.

Think about it, boys suffer a much harsher stereotype... All in all a hundred bucks a week isn't nearly as bad as the constant scrutiny some cheer guys get in every aspect of their lives :(

I feel like that's kinda beside the point and a whole different issue. Not saying it's not rough on them but I doubt any gym cuts tuition for guys because they feel bad for them socially..........

Bottom line is it's a recruiting technique and it seems to work well. I think I read by ACEDAD that Happy operates their gym that way and well..they seem to be doing just fine. Compare it to college tuition. There are certain prospective students that a college wants so they do all the can to contact them, provide scholarships, and opportunities etc. That group usually sticks out because they are a minority (not racially speaking but a minority vs. majority-- gender, academic level, etc... colleges want diversity in all aspects) For the majority (in this case, girls at gyms) there's less of a need to do all that recruiting and whatnot because well..you're already there

I recently saw a cheer tryout packet that gave rebates up to something like $750, at season end, if the cheerleader 1) never missed a competition, 2) missed 3 or fewer practices and had certain skills, starting with toe touch bhs all the way up to doubles. No mention of discounts for boys though. It may not be uncommon, but I'd never heard of it.

I feel like that's kinda beside the point and a whole different issue. Not saying it's not rough on them but I doubt any gym cuts tuition for guys because they feel bad for them socially....

I don't necessarily think it's because they feel bad for them socially but more of an incentive to do something that people outside our cheer world judge and stereotype heavily.

@gymrat12 Possibly. My opinion is that it's not a social issue. I won't get political otherwise I'll end up writing an essay. But from everything I've read on here before cheaper tuition for guys is simply to get them to do the sport... point blank. I don't think high caliber coaches spend much time dwelling on negative stereotypes. They spend time building their program.

To add to that... female cheerleaders get heavily stereotyped too. (ESPN article about "mascara-painted" twinkle teams) ...A lot of society frowns on all star cheerleading, especially at younger ages. The stereotype is comparable to Toddlers and Tiaras, where to outsiders it just seems ridiculous to put your 5 year old in a skimpy uniform, gobs of makeup and have her shakin her thing on stage. But younger girls parents dont get to pay less as an incentive to break the stereotype......

Back