All-Star Level 6 Worlds Alternates?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Rudags

Two Time Defending Champion, Board Comedian
Dec 14, 2009
I heard that they took the number of alternates from 3 to 10? Is that true? And I heard that it happened yesterday? Wouldnt someteams already submitted their rosters?

I heard that they took the number of alternates from 3 to 10? Is that true? And I heard that it happened yesterday? Wouldnt someteams already submitted their rosters?

I've heard the same thing, but haven't seen anything official.

Anyone know WHY they did this?

I've heard the same thing, but haven't seen anything official.

I got an email about it yesterday. It is official.

Anyone know WHY they did this?

Umm, not quite sure. Something like this would only be complained about if you had a team, and I think retroactively (meaning you already had a bid). How many open 6 teams have a bid? No all girl do, so I am guessing it was a coed?

Umm, not quite sure. Something like this would only be complained about if you had a team, and I think retroactively (meaning you already had a bid). How many open 6 teams have a bid? No all girl do, so I am guessing it was a coed?

What do you mean complain?

There is not someone looking at the rosters of level 6 enough to realize this was an issue unless someone complained. I have been trying to get the age grid change so worlds and and the competitions you win a bid at are the same... for 3 years.

So can Level 6 alternates come from anywhere? No "gym member" rule applies to level 6?

So can Level 6 alternates come from anywhere? No "gym member" rule applies to level 6?

Here's the text:

Directions given to Event Producers 1/25/11:
EVENT PRODUCERS WHO HAVE NOT HAD THEIR WORLDS BID EVENT:
Open - Level 6 teams must present a roster at their bid qualifying event that includes names of the athletes
performing “on the floor” at that competition. Additionally, the same Open - Level 6 teams can present up to 10
additional names of athletes (eligible substitutes/alternates) that are “members of the gym/program” but do not
have the opportunity to perform “on the floor” at that event. Those 10 additional athletes would have to follow
the same eligibility, substitution and alternate guidelines for The Worlds, including the guidelines requiring a
Release Waiver. Please include a copy of the extra list(s) with the copies of the squad rosters you are required
to send to Casey Winn, [email protected].
EVENT PRODUCERS WHO HAVE ALREADY HAD THEIR WORLDS BID EVENT:
USASF will email all Level 6 teams, who have been awarded a Worlds bid, to explain the change to the substitution
policy. Please contact all Open - Level 6 teams awarded and accepted bids from your company. Please provide
them a one week window to email or fax you a list of up to 10 additional names of athletes (eligible substitutes/
alternates) that are “members of the gym/program” but did not have the opportunity to perform “on the floor”
at the event where the bid was awarded. Those 10 additional names of athletes would have to follow the same
eligibility, substitution and alternate guidelines for The Worlds, including the guidelines requiring a Release
Waiver. You will need to forward a copy of your list(s) to Casey Winn, [email protected].

They aren't limited to 3 outside the gym, but they have to provide a list of 10 alternates - either while they compete, or within a week of receiving notification of this rule change if they've already received their bid.

Back