Level Five Aspirations

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

May 1, 2018
My daughter is currently 13 and wants to make level five for next year. She can do one backflip and front flip at a time. She hopes to go to worlds next year on a level five team. Do you have any tips to make this happen?

Thanks!!!

My daughter is currently 13 and wants to make level five for next year. She can do one backflip and front flip at a time. She hopes to go to worlds next year on a level five team. Do you have any tips to make this happen?

Thanks!!!

Are you familiar with cheer levels?

Worlds teams are Level 5.

One back handspring and one front handspring is Level 2.

It is unlikely that one will go from Level 2 to full twisting layouts, double fulls, etc. in a summer.

Level 5 in cheer is a lot more than just tumbling. To get to that level you need hyperextended jumps and suberb stunting skills and also be able to execute elite level of advanced choreography. For most athletes, getting to that levels takes years.

Thanks!!!

Well if by "one backflip and front flip at a time", you mean she can do back-in-half-outs on floor, she is probably capable of doing everything in the rulebook. If you mean you aren't sure and she does "some kind of backwards upside down thing" and "some kind of forwards upside-down thing", that is not nearly enough information to answer your question.

Your other posts make me think your username is ironic.

Last edited:
There is no way to predict when skills will be achieved... I have 2 daughters who started tumbling at the same time and have done the same training. One has solid level 3 skills and the younger has level 5 spcialty passes.

All you can do as a parent is provide appropriate coaching and parenting that stresses good attitude, coachability and work ethic...but there is no way to assure a particular timeline. All they can do is do their best every day.

Back