Level Question

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

My daughter is entering her 6th season on a level one team. She has had all perfected level one skills for 5 years and all around level 2 skills for about 6 months. Level 2 is just not an option ( we come from a smaller gym) but she is getting so sick of performing level one. Honestly I don't blame her but she begged to leave a gym she would have been placed on level 2, luckily she is able to progress in tumbling at her 0wn progression rate!
Is she not senior-aged? But honestly I'd ask to leave as well.

For those of you with kids going into seasons 2 or 3 of Level 1, I know it is at times frustrating to see kids move up and it seems anticlimactic to see your kid perform BWOs ad nauseum.

You probably wish they'd just move your kid up already.

But you'll thank them when she finally moves on and their BHS is beautiful because she has a solid foundation.

And your child doesn't spend 3 years at level 2 fixing poor technique because they rushed her through.

My kid sAtrted all star in first grade and did three years as mini1 , and one year as J1, before moving up. proof, advancement will eventually hAppen !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

At our gym it seems like a lot of mini and youth aged level 1 kids stay there for 2 seasons, some more. Last year, the junior aged kids end up in the back rows of level two because there wasn't enough of them to make a level 1.

i have found that the stronger athletes are the ones who take their time to perfect their skills before moving up. Make sure your child has good strong skills before moving up to the next level - then you avoid injuries more, pressure from having to do a skill that they are expected to do but cant, and what could ultimately be the eye sore in the routine if a skill just doesnt look up to par for the rest of a leveled-correctly team. IMHO

Back