All-Star Lib Keeps Faliing Over To The Right

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Jun 15, 2016
Our stunt group has been working extended ground-up libs and for some reason every time it gets up there it immediately starts leaning and eventually falls over to the right (over the main base) my coach says that it's because I'm (the side base) not getting under the stunt enough, and I'm trying to fix but no matter how much I try to get under it makes no difference. Has anyone had a problem like this and found something that helped.

Also, There is a height difference I'm a few inches taller than my main base so I don't know if that's working against us.

Our stunt group has been working extended ground-up libs and for some reason every time it gets up there it immediately starts leaning and eventually falls over to the right (over the main base) my coach says that it's because I'm (the side base) not getting under the stunt enough, and I'm trying to fix but no matter how much I try to get under it makes no difference. Has anyone had a problem like this and found something that helped.

Also, There is a height difference I'm a few inches taller than my main base so I don't know if that's working against us.
The secondary base should be taller than the main. So that's not an issue.

I'd have to see grips and flyer body position to make an official diagnosis on why it's falling over.

Without having a video it sounds like you and the main base aren’t working together. It sounds like the main base is “hogging” the stunt and not allowing you to help center the stunt. But that’s just one of many things it could be.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yup, video please. But my early guesses would be that the flyer isn't centered over one person (main base? - not sure eon your terminology), or if since you are taller, you're holding the stunt too high and your other base can't offer much support either, making it fall as there is essentially 1 less person giving support to the stunt. I've done that before where I'm not squatting enough, wondering why the stunt is so heavy until I lower it an inch or 2 and let the other base help too

Back