All-Star Lindsay Lohan And Trinity?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

How is Lindsay going to be able to relate to these kids? The article says she'll talk to them about how she has struggled in life and overcome adversity? Yeah, cause ruining your career and blowing your millions of dollars on booze and drugs is really relatable to those kids. I mean it's not like she's the first child star gone bad...[/quot
..Well, now we know where they got some of their scholarship money. She donated $50,000 in 2011? Who wrote that check? Not her, I'd wager.

Yes. Lindsay donated 50k in lieu of paying her own tax debt. Paying her attorney just wasn't enough also.

"a gym where underprivileged girls can get scholarships to learn to tumble and cheer in Johns Creek, Georgia "

Underprivileged? I thought this was an "expensive gym" and i was under the impression they were all rich... :confused:
it was mentioned in an another thread but although it is positioned in a wealthy area, there are quite a few athletes from other areas that are in fact underprivileged and reportedly "in the ghetto" areas of Georgia surrounding Johns Creek

The connection between Lindsay and Trinity confuses me, and I'm not even gonna comment on it, but let's be real about this mentoring. If my school has a drinking and driving assembly, having someone with a clean record who's never drank and drove does nothing for me, bring me someone who's been to hell and back because of it. If all of this is true and whatever goes down, I for one would say Lindsay wouldn't be a completely terrible mentor. More of a "don't do like me" than a "follow my lead".

The connection between Lindsay and Trinity confuses me, and I'm not even gonna comment on it, but let's be real about this mentoring. If my school has a drinking and driving assembly, having someone with a clean record who's never drank and drove does nothing for me, bring me someone who's been to hell and back because of it. If all of this is true and whatever goes down, I for one would say Lindsay wouldn't be a completely terrible mentor. More of a "don't do like me" than a "follow my lead".
I mean, in one sense, yes, but that would involve her coming back from a hell she's currently very much swimming in and refusing to come out of..

I work at the gym and havent heard anything about this...

however back when the rapper "T.I." got in trouble with the law dealing with guns....he went to schools in the area talking to teens about about violence and blah blah ...so this isnt really uncommon?! But like i said i havent heard a thing about it ?! I will ask around tho and give an update!

From Trinity Athletics twitter:
@trinitycheer: Stories in the media about anyone "mentoring" our athletes is not true and is not an offer we would ever accept. The report is false.

I'm confused on how Lohan and Trinity are connected. I'm also confused on WHY LOHAN?!? The whole T.I. thing I understand at least because he is FROM ATLANTA and a celebrity talking to a school is one thing; kids may want to be celebrities. Why couldn't Trinity get an ex-athlete who ruined their career because of drugs? That would be more relatable....and I'm sure there are PLENTLY of them out there.....of course they are more low profile than Loahn, thus causing LESS PRESS (if any). But that's what it's all about, not actually helping the kids. Even if it was about the kids, AND they just wanted a high profile celebrity (again "for the kids and not the press") why not get a celebrity who has STOPPED ALL THE BAD HABITS/BEHAVIOR?!? It just looks like yet another publicity stunt. I guess they believe the old saying "any press is good press".....which is definitely not true.

Edited since the trinity twitter post was posted at the same time.
Glad that was "cleared up"....though it's still interesting how Trinity's name even came up?!? Unless they just googled "most controversial cheer gyms in Georgia".

it was mentioned in an another thread but although it is positioned in a wealthy area, there are quite a few athletes from other areas that are in fact underprivileged and reportedly "in the ghetto" areas of Georgia surrounding Johns Creek

Well my daughter cheers there and I wouldn't necessarily say I live in the "ghetto". But I do travel approximately 40 miles one way for her to get to practice. It's amazing to me that before one of the biggest competitions of the season, yet again our kids are surrounded by foolishness when they should be focused on what they need to do on the mat. How is it even possible that I missed that memo about the Lohan girl and I've stepped foot in that gym every day since last Friday? That's a pretty big memo. I'm confused.

Back