All-Star Linkedin Article: 6 Ways Gym Owners Lose Money

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I can't fathom that a gym owner wouldn't understand cash flow and that money in the bank at the end of the month isnt income. I mean, heck, our PTA understands that.

I can't fathom that a gym owner wouldn't understand cash flow and that money in the bank at the end of the month isnt income. I mean, heck, our PTA understands that.

Um. Do you have any idea how many cases of pto theft happen each year from the officers? It's mind boggling.

Have you met lifelong all star peeps? Most are clueless to how the billing, tuition, ownership, fees/dues, travel and other costs, insurance, taxes, leases, and employees side of things are. Most want to just coach or "run a gym" in the sense of classes and privates

LOL judging from the stories I've heard on here... it's totally fathomable.

"Overspending on choreo/music" Hmmmmm......

They forgot something:

Overlooking Tiny/Mini/Youth 1-2.

There are gyms out there so focused on Worlds teams that they fail to allocate time, money, and resources to Levels 1-3.

Honestly, Tiny/Mini/Youth 1 + 2 are going to draw more money and interest than one Worlds team.
Amen.

I found this article very informative. I very much agree about putting more focus on Tiny and Mini teams from a business perspective. It's incredible how different things look now that I am a program owner instead of a teenage athlete. I know now it's a lot of effort and can get complicated and scary to run a business and I now admire the owners of the gyms I attended as a teenager in a whole new way!

They forgot something:

Overlooking Tiny/Mini/Youth 1-2.

There are gyms out there so focused on Worlds teams that they fail to allocate time, money, and resources to Levels 1-3.

Honestly, Tiny/Mini/Youth 1 + 2 are going to draw more money and interest than one Worlds team.

Yes! Because they are hopefully your future Worlds athletes. Also, the cross over issue, this might involve ditching the "everybody" makes a team idea. Just go back to having actual cuts with clear alternates that are also full year tuition paying athletes WITHIN YOUR GYM. Example: Suzy's tries out for level 5 but her 5 skills are not as solid but she is still working on them. She is placed on a 4 because her level 4 skills are solid! So make Suzy an alternate for the level 5 team. Maybe add a crossover policy to your gym where as if you are an alternate or have to cross over you must be prepared to cover some of the crossover fees if you are needed to fill in before you accept this.

Uhm... isn't it the gym that have athletes crossover, not athletes asking to crossover? (This may not be the case for everyone)

If so.... why am I paying an extra comp fee if I didn't ask to crossover?

Uhm... isn't it the gym that have athletes crossover, not athletes asking to crossover? (This may not be the case for everyone)

If so.... why am I paying an extra comp fee if I didn't ask to crossover?
When my CP cheered...the years she was officially a permanent member of two teams...we paid. The times she was needed to "fill in" on another team due to injury/illness/quitting...that cost was covered likely by athlete she was filling in for who already paid...or by gym in rare circumstance.

Back