All-Star Live!

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Jan 19, 2010
Live! How do you access there event schedule. I tried thru jamfest and there isnt any listed for this weekend.

Funny, I was just coming to make a post about Jamlive.

We attended JamLive in Cincinnati this weekend.

I loved the concept. It was a fun break between Jamfest Supernationals and Cheersport. It was our teams 'dress rehearsal' for Cheersport.

This competition was so different from other competitions. The teams know their score after the team that performs after them is finished. You know your placement by the end of your division. No crazy awards ceremony. There is an awards ceremony, but only the division winners go to it. It's pretty much a photo op to take a picture with the banner. The awards ceremony is done for each level and that is all, at the awards ceremony they announce level grand champ and give out golden tickets to US Finals.

The kids walk down a red carpet to the stage. If you are in first place, you sit on couches in the 'leader lounge' on the stage and watch the competition. The entire division goes on one after another until completion. No Jammy!

I had a good time and it was a nice break from the traditional competition.

I loved the concept. It was a fun break between Jamfest Supernationals and Cheersport. It was our teams 'dress rehearsal' for Cheersport.

This competition was so different from other competitions. The teams know their score after the team that performs after them is finished. You know your placement by the end of your division. No crazy awards ceremony. There is an awards ceremony, but only the division winners go to it. It's pretty much a photo op to take a picture with the banner. The awards ceremony is done for each level and that is all, at the awards ceremony they announce level grand champ and give out golden tickets to US Finals.

The kids walk down a red carpet to the stage. If you are in first place, you sit on couches in the 'leader lounge' on the stage and watch the competition. The entire division goes on one after another until completion. No Jammy!

that sounds SO nice, i for one hate jammy! its so annoying and not necessary, especially when you pull him out during a senior awards. i would rather have a dance party or something!! i do like what you described it sounds fun!

Live is one of my favorite competitions. So fun--my kids said they felt like rock stars. And i love how the "awards" ceremony is quick and to the point. Glad you enjoyed it (although I'm jealous you get to go to Indy and Cheersport)!

As for the schedule, are you looking for performance order? Here:

http://jamlive.com/Shows/PerformanceOrder/Pittsburgh.pdf

General Schedule:

http://jamlive.com/Shows/GeneralSchedule/Pittsburgh.pdf

The problem with this competition, at least in Pittsburgh, is that the final session for awards is at 10:45pm. The last team goes on at 10:30pm. That is ridiculous. They need to make it a 2 day event and put dance and schools on one day and allstars on the other.

2 days would be waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay more expensive for the EP (to pay for venue, judges, etc.) and there are never really enough teams to pay for a second day. I agree--10:45 is late though. Good news is Live is really good about staying on schedule so it probably won't go late. At least it's a Saturday! And unlike US Finals last year (yes, US Finals, I am calling you out), Live is smart enough to know that MINI's should go on in the morning and SENIORS can stay up late. Not the other way around...

2 days would be waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay more expensive for the EP (to pay for venue, judges, etc.) and there are never really enough teams to pay for a second day. I agree--10:45 is late though. Good news is Live is really good about staying on schedule so it probably won't go late. At least it's a Saturday! And unlike US Finals last year (yes, US Finals, I am calling you out), Live is smart enough to know that MINI's should go on in the morning and SENIORS can stay up late. Not the other way around...

Last year I went to a Live event where my SENIOR team performed at around 9-10 am..
I skipped my winter semi the night before because we had to leave the house at 5 am.

Last year I went to a Live event where my SENIOR team performed at around 9-10 am..
I skipped my winter semi the night before because we had to leave the house at 5 am.

Oh no! That's awful. The ones we've been to the mini's always go on early, and seniors in the late afternoon/evening (depending on level). US Finals my older daughter's Senior team had to be there at 7 am, while my younger one's Mini team competed in the evening--and their awards ended at 11 PM! I was so mad. 15 year old at 7 AM? C-R-A-N-K-Y. 7 year old at 11 PM? C-R-A-N-K-Y. Sometimes I wonder if the people that make the schedule have ever MET anyone under the age of 18.

The problem with this competition, at least in Pittsburgh, is that the final session for awards is at 10:45pm. The last team goes on at 10:30pm. That is ridiculous. They need to make it a 2 day event and put dance and schools on one day and allstars on the other.
Ours was a 2 day event. Dance, level 4 and level 5 on Saturday and level 1,2,3 on Sunday. Our team was the last team of the day and we walked out at 7:00.

Oh no! That's awful. The ones we've been to the mini's always go on early, and seniors in the late afternoon/evening (depending on level). US Finals my older daughter's Senior team had to be there at 7 am, while my younger one's Mini team competed in the evening--and their awards ended at 11 PM! I was so mad. 15 year old at 7 AM? C-R-A-N-K-Y. 7 year old at 11 PM? C-R-A-N-K-Y. Sometimes I wonder if the people that make the schedule have ever MET anyone under the age of 18.

I have no clue about any other teams but I remember it was the most scattered schedule I've ever seen. I mean, we were in warmups with minis basically.
But seriously, can they just pick a definite order they'll put teams on (Mini-senior or levels 1-6) and it would make things A LOT easier even when planning your travel plans. For that comp, we planned to not get a hotel since it was a 1day and we assumed that a senior 3 would be on in the afternoon .. apparently not.

Thanks for the website. What a long day,I got one in award session 2 and 1 in the last at 10:45. But it does look like alot of good Pa teams. Good luck to everyone!!!

Back