Looking For Help From Some Aussies!

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Feb 11, 2010
Hey guys! So I don't know where to start this off, but how about a little back round before I cut to the chase! So, for New Years in 2012, my grandparents took my entire family and I on a cruise. While on this cruise, my older sister met an Australian boy, to make this long story short, about 4 months after our cruise, my sister decided to move to Australia to peruse this lovely boy of hers! There going on two years now, and all I keep hearing about it how amazing Australia is... Now, a little on me... I grew up in this sport. I started tumbling when I was 3, and cheered throughout my whole life at various gyms. A few years ago is when I really found myself. In 2012, I moved out to North Carolina to be apart of Cheer Extreme for my super senior year. I started off making the senior elite/ coed elite roster, but got hurt mid season where I need to have ankle reconstructive surgery and ended up competing with international for worlds. I also coached at one of the many cheer extreme locations, and found that coaching is what I want to do hopefully the rest of my life if I find the right place to do so at! With that being said, I would be absolutely crazy if I didn't try to expand my coaching to international countries. I feel like I have such a diverse background in cheerleading since I have been to so many different places and would DIEEEE to be able to share my knowledge that I learned at Cheer Extreme with some new friends! Soooooooo, can anyone give me some info on the cheerleading down under! My sister and her boyfriend live in Karratha, but I would be open to other places! Sorry this is so long! Hope someone can help me a little bit! Replys or PMs would be so much appreciated!

Other questions I have thought of...

What are some of the top gyms in Australia?

What does an average week look like for coaches?

Can you make a living off of coaching in Australia?

I'm in the same state as Karratha, but believe me they are miles apart! Most of WA's cheer schools are in Perth or surrounds, which is wayyyyyy further south. Look it up on Google Maps to get an idea of distance.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

I'm in the same state as Karratha, but believe me they are miles apart! Most of WA's cheer schools are in Perth or surrounds, which is wayyyyyy further south. Look it up on Google Maps to get an idea of distance.

Yeah I heard most things are in the sydney or perth area.. my sister used to live in brisbane and her boyfriend has family in perth so im familiar with the areas! I wanna get out there so bad!

I would recommend Melbourne, Sydney or Brisbane. Of the American coaches I know and have worked with in Australia, they tend to be older and have a lot of experience in coaching and several years of UCA and/or NCA staffing under their belt, or have come from a big gym where they were very involved with the programme. Pay varies from gym to gym, but you are unlikely to make enough from just coaching to support yourself unless you come on as a full time employee helping to build/run the gym. The pay in Australia is higher than the US but the cost of living is also much much higher.

I would recommend looking up gyms with open level 4 and 5 teams and being an athlete as well as coach -helps you make friends you own age :)

Good luck!

I would recommend Melbourne, Sydney or Brisbane. Of the American coaches I know and have worked with in Australia, they tend to be older and have a lot of experience in coaching and several years of UCA and/or NCA staffing under their belt, or have come from a big gym where they were very involved with the programme. Pay varies from gym to gym, but you are unlikely to make enough from just coaching to support yourself unless you come on as a full time employee helping to build/run the gym. The pay in Australia is higher than the US but the cost of living is also much much higher.

I would recommend looking up gyms with open level 4 and 5 teams and being an athlete as well as coach -helps you make friends you own age :)

Good luck!

thank you so much :) very helpful!! I of course would be on an open team!

Yeah I heard most things are in the sydney or perth area.. my sister used to live in brisbane and her boyfriend has family in perth so im familiar with the areas! I wanna get out there so bad!
I think the main areas for cheer are in Brisbane, Sydney or Melbourne. While Perth has cheer it is fairly small compared to those other places. My coaches coaches all our classes in afternoons during the week and all day sat and sun. They have other jobs too though. Coaching is kinda their second job

I catch up these thread to get some help.
I´m going on a buisness trip to Australia next month and I have some free time from 26th November till 28th November.
First I´m in Adelaide but I have to be in Brisbane on 29th November. So I´m looking for a level 6 Coed team for some Partnerstunt practise in this time. Do you have any advise which teams have coed teams?

I catch up these thread to get some help.
I´m going on a buisness trip to Australia next month and I have some free time from 26th November till 28th November.
First I´m in Adelaide but I have to be in Brisbane on 29th November. So I´m looking for a level 6 Coed team for some Partnerstunt practise in this time. Do you have any advise which teams have coed teams?
That's the weekend of our Australian nationals, so every team will be at final practices or travelling to the Gold Coast (about an hour and a half from Brisbane).

Back