Low Punch Front

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Nov 27, 2010
Let me first say I am only doing this on the trampoline so no one needs to be concerned with my safety. Okay, so everytime I do a punch front it is really low to the ground but I land it fine. I am punching the ground and throwing my arms and it feels high but anytime I show someone they gasp or tell me how low it was. I don't really know how to fix it. Any ideas?

There's a girl on my high school team who does a standing tuck so low her ponytail whips the floor, but she lands it every time really solid. I'm not an expert on front tucks, but I think it might just be a matter of really trying to set as high as you can.

I have no idea! Some on the board may have seen my wanna be punch front and mine was super low I couldn't even land it... So I know you said your landing it fine now but if it ever happens u don't.. Just tuck and roll girl!! Lol

In all seriousness I'm sure you will figure it out or maybe someone will give you some good info on how to fix it! Good luck!!

Your prob dropping your shoulders forward. How I fix this with my kids is that I have them dive roll over a wedge into a soft resi. It prevents them from dropping their shoulders and teaches them to take it up.

when you punch make sure you dont drop your chest if your momentum is going down so will you so make sure you take off with your chest up.

There's a girl on my high school team who does a standing tuck so low her ponytail whips the floor, but she lands it every time really solid. I'm not an expert on front tucks, but I think it might just be a matter of really trying to set as high as you can.
i gotta admit i was this kind of girl before i cut my hair lol. i was surprised i never landed on my hair and tripped myself! it got to the point where the team made me put it in a bun! but all is good now, its cut:)

I have no idea! Some on the board may have seen my wanna be punch front and mine was super low I couldn't even land it... So I know you said your landing it fine now but if it ever happens u don't.. Just tuck and roll girl!! Lol

In all seriousness I'm sure you will figure it out or maybe someone will give you some good info on how to fix it! Good luck!!
hahahahah I saw that beauty:)

Keep your chest up and look up at something. Whenever I go to do a punchfront I look up at something like really obvious just above my eye level.. if I'm in the gym it's near where the wall and ceiling meet. Like one of our banners.
Also try punching out of your toes.. you'll get higher.

when you punch make sure you shrug your shoulders up and dont throw them down.
also make sure youre not doing a big hurdle because that will stop all your momentum

Back