Low To High Level 3 Stretch To Stretch

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Jul 5, 2015
Hey there! I was wondering, how would a level 3 team do a low to high from heel stretch to stretch, I know a level two team did it from prep to prep, so is it possible for a level three team to do it from low to high? I know usually, from a lib the backspot will grab the ankle of the lib, but with a stretch, what is the alternative/grip?

Hey there! I was wondering, how would a level 3 team do a low to high from heel stretch to stretch, I know a level two team did it from prep to prep, so is it possible for a level three team to do it from low to high? I know usually, from a lib the backspot will grab the ankle of the lib, but with a stretch, what is the alternative/grip?

This is tricky because a low to high is a release move so if no one on the ground can grab the ankle you must have two connections as per Level 3 Pyramids F2.

2. Top person must remain in direct contact with at least two different top persons at prep level or below. One of these contacts must be hand/arm-to-hand/arm. The second contact may be either hand/arm-to-hand/arm or hand/arm-to-foot/lower-leg (below knee).

Clarification: Pyramid Release Moves must be braced on two separate sides (i.e. right side-left side, left side – back side, etc…) by two separate bracers. (Example: two bracers on the same arm will no longer be permitted) A top person must be braced on 2 of the 4 sides (front, back, right, left) of her/his body.

It would depend on how it was done and you'd need to provide a video to be 100% certain of the legality but its possible that if your lib flyer is holding her stretch the double base bracer on that side can hold onto her arm that is holding the stretch and another double base bracer on the other side can hold her free arm. Keeping in mind that her arms are going to have to be free enough to be able to grab her stretches while the bracers are still remaining connected. It may be hard to make it look clean and you run the risk of breaking connections but aside from going L-stretch to L-stretch where your bracers would hold the stretch for her, that's about the only way I can think to do it. I'm no expert though.. just thoughts.

Back