Maddie Gardner First Cheerleader To Sign Multi-year Management Deal.

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I think you basically can't get paid to do your sport or for promotional stuff surrounding your sport - you're basically considered a professional then. I don't even think the cheerleaders who go work UCA or NCA camps in the summers would be allowed to do that.

You are correct

I think you basically can't get paid to do your sport or for promotional stuff surrounding your sport - you're basically considered a professional then. I don't even think the cheerleaders who go work UCA or NCA camps in the summers would be allowed to do that.

Remaining Eligible - NCAA.org

http://www.ncaapublications.com/productdownloads/D112.pdf (see article 12)

The NCAA rules are so byzantine and hard to follow that what can seem innocuous, like the Jeremy Bloom case, turn into a big mess. In theory, if you take money to promote cheerleading or get "paid" to cheer somewhere, you could be ineligible to participate in ANY NCAA sport.

I think people need to get rid of this notion that 'Life is fair.' Celebrity is the LEAST. FAIR. THING. ON THE PLANET. She's famous, suck it up. I have to look at Kristen Stewart be a terrible actress and make 34.5 MILLION dollars (mostly because of Twilight, but still). I still get on with my day and do things that make me happy.

I think this is SMART. No matter what, she'll ALWAYS be Maddie, and she'll ALWAYS be idolized. I think it will take a number of years before people stop requesting her to commentate, make appearances, etc. She's pretty, smart, well-spoken, and in fact ALL AROUND TALENTED (last I check she could tumble, base, fly extremely well, dance, and jump to tuck- she just does one of those things better than others). Why wouldn't people want her at cheer-related events and such? Now that she's no longer on a major team, I don't doubt that the requests are flooding in for events, and it makes sense to have a manager for those things. I doubt they're actually asking her to perform much, more than likely just to teach/speak, which would be GREAT for her due to her journalism degree (journalism is such a hard field, why not give herself the leg up via something she loves). Why not take the opportunity?

Maddie is an amazing cheerleader, I can't deny that. But where would she be without her cheer family. I feel like they don't get enough credit.

Back