All-Star Major Multi-location Gyms Discussion

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

A lot of gyms don't haha. I think I remember seeing that the old TG gym didn't have it. I can't even imagine what that was like in Miami

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

None of my cheer gyms had AC. They were usually in warehouse type buildings with the big "garage" doors that roll open. That with a bunch of giant fans served as our cooling system. It definitely was warm, but cooling down the size of buildings that a lot of cheer gyms are is crazy expensive.

A lot of gyms don't haha. I think I remember seeing that the old TG gym didn't have it. I can't even imagine what that was like in Miami
I'm pretty sure the current TG Miami gym doesn't have AC either... I always see tweets from their athletes about how incredibly hot and humid it is.

Is CEA Chicago alive and well? They are still missing from the CEA website and all of the 16/17 tryout info has been updated so you'd think it'd be added by now?
@KikiD22 made a post on her facebook this morning about rumors and that they're false and the gym is still there. The gym's facebook also just announced all of the coaches and has updates on the building.

@KikiD22 made a post on her facebook this morning about rumors and that they're false and the gym is still there. The gym's facebook also just announced all of the coaches and has updates on the building.

Good to know. I hadn't heard any rumors, just noticed that they still haven't added a tab for that location on their website and thought it was odd.

Last edited:
Yes, rumors have been swirling like crazy around here but it wouldn't be IL cheer is there weren't....
All is good. Tryouts start Thursday. Most info has been going out on social media and via email right now. Don't really know much about the website. But I can assure everyone that we're alive and well at CEA Chicago. And the gym is looking great! I've spent the last few days helping with the remodel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh my word. That's one thing I have noticed since we moved here is that Texans LOVE their air conditioning.

The coach that showed us around said the offices and parent area had AC. THE "gym" area definitely did not and had like a million industrial fans. [emoji23]

Oh my word. That's one thing I have noticed since we moved here is that Texans LOVE their air conditioning.

We used to call Spirit North "the kid oven" because it was a huge metal box, they quickly brought in huge industrial size fans and standing AC units. The parent room always had AC, having central AC throughout is going to make it amazing.
The Arlington location doesn't have AC unless you count the window units and fans. The big roller doors provide good cross ventilation in the main gym.

During conditioning I almost passed out this summer because it was so hot in the gym. My new gym is smaller though and still doesn't have A/C just big open doors and some fans. I have really only tumbled there but I'll have to see what's it's like during summer practices.

We have air conditioning, and when it's even a little hot everyone complains. Thankfully it usually feels great in the gym. Our owner though doesn't like the cold and has a heater behind the desk so it gets toasty back there!! Luckily she hasn't used it recently, I can always tell when it's on! Lol

Last edited:
We don't have AC, just a heat policy. Training gets cancelled above a certain temperature - I think it might be 35, not quite sure.

Back