All-Star Major Multi-location Gyms Discussion

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Our gym doesn't have AC & we are in the hot & humid south. I think it is a great method of keeping the SM's out of the viewing area! The car rides home w/ carpool of middle school aged athletes is well, unpleasant probably isn't strong enough of a word. Gag-inducing might be a better fit.

Top Gun Allstars has their first gym acquisition outside of Florida, I think?
6ba3ed69df1bbda6bf8b107aee4da4e5.jpg

I'm curious as to everyone's thoughts on international expansion.

I know there is a FAME team in London, which I believe is part of FAME in the US (as the programme they took over often had coaches come over from the US gym), but I can't think of any others off the top of my head. I also don't know how what the arrangement is, in terms of franchise/ownership/something in between.

I guess there would be more problems in terms of a) finances - different currencies and b) brand control, and also it would probably require learning an entirely different system of competitions/EPs/scoring systems etc.

If one of your directors/head coaches were looking to relocate internationally, would it be something you would consider as a gym owner, or do the risks outweigh any potential benefits?

It's weird to me that there are now two major franchise gyms in ohio, it never struck me as a cheer strong state like Oklahoma/Texas/Florida/Cali etc. Is there a deep talent pool there? What made that state appealing?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

EC Cats in Greenville, NC is now Fame. Sad to see them go. :( Had lots of great comps against them way back in the day.

It's weird to me that there are now two major franchise gyms in ohio, it never struck me as a cheer strong state like Oklahoma/Texas/Florida/Cali etc. Is there a deep talent pool there? What made that state appealing?

According to the top gun video that was in the works for over 3 years.

Believe it or not, a city like Cleveland has a ton of small programs but no larger standout programs. Reminds me of how people say NYC is. Major city with lots of smallish gyms.

I think this is going to be huge for that area. My parents are there and it is like a 40 min drive or so from actual CLE to that new TG location. I think lots of kids are going to make the drive.

Cheer Athletics is about 2 hours from CLE in Columbus. That's not super feasible for everyone especially on a weeknight. That's 2 hours on a good traffic day.

Believe it or not, a city like Cleveland has a ton of small programs but no larger standout programs. Reminds me of how people say NYC is. Major city with lots of smallish gyms.

I think this is going to be huge for that area. My parents are there and it is like a 40 min drive or so from actual CLE to that new TG location. I think lots of kids are going to make the drive.

Cheer Athletics is about 2 hours from CLE in Columbus. That's not super feasible for everyone especially on a weeknight. That's 2 hours on a good traffic day.

I live 58 miles from the new Top Gun. Takes me exactly 1 hour to get there. I've been driving it 2-4x a week for the past couple of seasons. There is a ridiculous amount of talent in Ohio, but like @oncecoolcoachnowmom pointed out, no big gym to take the reigns. I love our gym. We have worked with Top Gun for years. It's exciting to be part of the Jags family and have new opportunities for this area. Cheer world and American Elite combined last month to form World Elite. I think people will be seeing a lot of talent Out of Ohio in the next season!

There certainly are a lot of gyms in the area and I think a lot of talent in Ohio! (admittedly I am biased for Ohio gyms)

This makes it very interesting for North East Ohio especially. Ohio Extreme has always had a great reputation and I think more people might be tempted to make the drive now. However Step One Allstars North is on the opposite side of town and they too have tremendous teams and a great reputation. Then Cheer World (world elite) is south of these gyms -and I know I sound like a broken record- but they have some great teams and reputation too.

I admit though if my CP could be on a team at CA Columbus that I knew I could make the weekday practices work, I would happily drive the 1 1/2 hours. She attended a CA camp and she loved the coaches. I was very impressed and walked away thinking that although it is CA in Ohio they are getting the same quality instruction as if they were in TX. Perfection before Progression!

Last edited:
There certainly are a lot of gyms in the area and I think a lot of talent in Ohio! (admittedly I am biased for Ohio gyms)

This makes it very interesting for North East Ohio especially. Ohio Extreme has always had a great reputation and I think more people might be tempted to make the drive now. However Step One Allstars North is on the opposite side of town and they too have tremendous teams and a great reputation. Then Cheer World (world elite) is south of these gyms -and I know I sound like a broken record- but they have some great teams and reputation too.

I admit though if my CP could be on a team at CA Columbus that I knew I could make the weekday practices work, I would happily drive the 1 1/2 hours. She attended a CA camp and she loved the coaches. I was very impressed and walked away thinking that although it is CA in Ohio they are getting the same quality instruction as if they were in TX. Perfection before Progression!

NEO isn't far in the grand scheme of things either and also has a worlds team and numerous lower teams.

Back