All-Star Major Multi-location Gyms Discussion

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I had no idea Rockstar had so many locations along with Fame I've only heard of Beatles (maybe Rolling Stones?) and Fame super seniors BTW CEA will be adding another location in Chattanooga,Tennessee for the 17-18 season :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had no idea Rockstar had so many locations along with Fame I've only heard of Beatles (maybe Rolling Stones?) and Fame super seniors BTW CEA will be adding another location in Chattanooga,Tennessee for the 17-18 season :)

Rockstar is sending three teams to worlds-Beatles, Rolling Stones and 2 Live Crew. They have tons of teams attending Summit. I know last year Rockstar Raleigh had all their summit teams place in top 10 with one winning Sr. 1. I believe that more and more teams will become pretty well known.

Rockstar is sending three teams to worlds-Beatles, Rolling Stones and 2 Live Crew. They have tons of teams attending Summit. I know last year Rockstar Raleigh had all their summit teams place in top 10 with one winning Sr. 1. I believe that more and more teams will become pretty well known.

I would say they would become more we'll know as time goes on they are just now getting to be more well known I guess since sadly only worlds teams get recognition it's harder to get your gym more we'll know if they haven't been around as long as a gym like Stingrays or CEA

I would say they would become more we'll know as time goes on they are just now getting to be more well known I guess since sadly only worlds teams get recognition it's harder to get your gym more we'll know if they haven't been around as long as a gym like Stingrays or CEA

That's not exactly true! If you're a little older around my age which I shall not disclose you would know that Rockstar has been a pretty well known name for a good while now. They've had teams outside of Beatles place very well at Worlds such as their IOAG 5 Killers

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

That's not exactly true! If you're a little older around my age which I shall not disclose you would know that Rockstar has been a pretty well known name for a good while now. They've had teams outside of Beatles place very well at Worlds such as their IOAG 5 Killers

Yep I was thinking the same thing. Stones (their original small coed team) and Killers both placed top 3 at Worlds in 2010, Killers getting 2nd two years in a row. Rockstar has been a well known name since at least then, and they've had several successful non-worlds teams.

I've been cheering since 2009 and I know that rockstar got more we'll know in the 2010-2011 season I just mean they haven't been as well know as some other gyms that have been well know for 15+ years so it just shocked me they had so many locations

I believe there are multiple business models being used by the various gyms. Some are more along the "franchise" line where the individual gyms are owned by someone local and a fee or other arrangement is sent to the "main" gym in exchange for using the name/logo. (There may also be varying levels of advice/services being provided by the main program.). On the other end of the spectrum are gyms that are run that owned at least in part by the "main" program. There are also probably hybrids that fall somewhere in the middle.

There are pros and cons to each arrangement. I am curious to hear opinions about the two. Do you think that one style is better for the industry?

Not saying multi location gyms don't care about there athletes or anything like that but I honestly feel like it crumbled a part of cheer before a lot of big gym stared expanding I feel the sport was alittle more light hearted and fun and now some now all "franchises" gyms just really wanted the money that comes with it :(( (I know this from experience)

I believe there are multiple business models being used by the various gyms. Some are more along the "franchise" line where the individual gyms are owned by someone local and a fee or other arrangement is sent to the "main" gym in exchange for using the name/logo. (There may also be varying levels of advice/services being provided by the main program.). On the other end of the spectrum are gyms that are run that owned at least in part by the "main" program. There are also probably hybrids that fall somewhere in the middle.

There are pros and cons to each arrangement. I am curious to hear opinions about the two. Do you think that one style is better for the industry?

In a business dealing with children and safety, IMO the owners that own part of their secondary locations are better for the overall industry. I, also, tend to believe AS is a luxury and those owners that invest in great tumble programs and overall coaching staffs, half year programs, coaching high schools, providing small local comps, judging small comps, renting space, etc will be able to ride out most economic downturns and are the greatest assets overall.

I have no doubt some of the fast expanding brand owners have really good intentions. There are opportunities to save small gyms that feel all they're lacking is brand recognition and the ability to reduce their cost in acquiring new customers. Owners willing to sell their brand are able to help a gym, expand their brand recognition, make some money in the process and take on, or omit, as much responsibility as they want. The problem with that IMO is ultimately anything and everything that happens or doesn't happen will 100% be tied to the brand owner by customer perception, even if the fine print in the contract says otherwise.

Im starting to feel like Rockstar is becoming Walmart. They have announced two new locations just this week bring them to 16 locations.

I coach at a franchise but we are not that far from the main gym. We often collaborate, do guest coaching at both locations, and sometimes do clinics and showcases together. I've seen some franchises not even get uniforms until halfway into the competition season. I definitely feel fortunate that our main gym is really involved if we need them and we're not just about gaining locations.

Back