All-Star Major Multi-location Gyms Discussion

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Travel teams from the same association would usually make different tiers of teams. All I really know is SB but generally you have A, B, and C level divisions at tournaments that the teams would compete in. They'll call them something different like Gold, Elite or Select..
And if you have teams at the same level, there are so many tournaments happening every weekend that they would not normally schedule them to compete at the same ones. However, the end of season tournaments, it is possible to have teams end up playing each other. Though when that happens, it's usually going to be two teams from the same association but different locations.

ETA: Also, even if the same association competes at the same tournament, there's still the possibility that they never even face each other depending on the schedule/bracket. During the PGF Nationals this past summer, there was one association who had a team (who has tons of teams) in the championship game at all 4 levels (12U, 14U, 16U, and 18U). It did turn out that for one level two teams from different locations ended up facing off in the championship.

So I guess it is a common thing. I understand better now. Thank you!!

Travel teams from the same association would usually make different tiers of teams. All I really know is SB but generally you have A, B, and C level divisions at tournaments that the teams would compete in. They'll call them something different like Gold, Elite or Select..
And if you have teams at the same level, there are so many tournaments happening every weekend that they would not normally schedule them to compete at the same ones. However, the end of season tournaments, it is possible to have teams end up playing each other. Though when that happens, it's usually going to be two teams from the same association but different locations.

ETA: Also, even if the same association competes at the same tournament, there's still the possibility that they never even face each other depending on the schedule/bracket. During the USA Elite Championship this past summer, there was one association who had a team (who has tons of teams) in the championship game at all 4 levels (12U, 14U, 16U, and 18U). It did turn out that for one level two teams from different locations ended up facing off in the championship.
The difference with cheer is if you are at the same competition, unless there are size or A/B splits, you ARE competing against each other.

CP's team was prep so there wasn't much they could do with sending them to different comps. They did send them to one without the other team going though and they won, it was nice. I understand why they did it, it just kind of sucked.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

The difference with cheer is if you are at the same competition, unless there are size or A/B splits, you ARE competing against each other.

CP's team was prep so there wasn't much they could do with sending them to different comps. They did send them to one without the other team going though and they won, it was nice. I understand why they did it, it just kind of sucked.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

That was nice that they got a win! :) My CP's team was in small and the main gym was in large at our last comp... CP's team won their division but main gym got grand champs. At least she got her first ever win, she was VERY happy!

I feel like it's more of a rarity to have that many of the same division from the same gym at the same competition unless it's a pretty big comp. Rockstar has so many locations but for the most part, they are located in such different areas, that it would be rare to compete against each other.

Though I don't know of many other gyms not in my area (Rockstar, Stingrays and Jayhawks are the only big gyms we ever really compete against) so I'm sure there are others that might be closer with the same division teams.

Back