Make Up Question

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

May 22, 2013
The make up our gym provided is good, but the lip stain isn't staying on my CP's lips. Can someone recommend a good brand lip stain? My CP is constantly keep putting lip stain on her lips before she performs. :banghead: We've even tried putting a gloss over it thinking that might help. Any recommendations or help is appreciated!

Gloss, on top of lipstain, essentially acts as a lipstain remover. You need dry, clean lips as a base and nothing on top, in my experience. We used a Sephora stain last year and Kat Von D this year. Before that a marker-like stain from the drug store. They all worked equally well. It's helpful to work on keeping the lips hydrated and in good condition as that will help the stain look better.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android || Upgrade Your Account!

I always do chapstick and exfoliate my lips beforehand, in that specific order. To exfoliate I used a damp wash cloth.

Stila Liquid Lipstick is a really true to color, matte, lipstain. It's hard to put on before you get the hang of it, and it's expensive for a lipstick, but it stays on FOREVER. I've worn it all day long & slept in it, and have woken up with it still on. I wish I would have known about it when I was a cheerleader!

I got a Revlon lipgloss (not sure what kind, but it was in a long skinny tube with a black cap) for about $6 and it was a gorgeous color and stayed on for a pretty decent amount of time!

Can anyone recommend a shade that looks good on youth (6-10yrs) cheerleaders? I'm not a fan of bright red or dark colors on the little ones. :(

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android
Maybelline Color Whisper lipsticks have a lot of different shades but they don't go on very bright! Plus the texture reminds me a little bit of a chapstick so it wouldn't bother the young ones much :)

Back