Male Cheerleader Looking To Increase Strength For Partner Stunts

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Apr 16, 2017
I am a smaller guy myself, 5'10 weighing at 125 pounds. What muscles should I focus on if the goal is to partner stunt and continue to progress after getting toss hands?
Sidenote: Don't have access to the gym at the moment but I have one dumbbell that isn't very heavy for me anymore.

Last edited:
I am a smaller guy myself, 5'10 weighing at 125 pounds. What muscles should I focus on if the goal is to partner stunt and continue to progress after getting toss hands?
A lot of stunting is your whole body. Legs, shoulders, arms, back, core.

The best way to increase your strength here is to find exercises that are similar to the motion that you are attempting. So for a press to lib, a military press would be a good lift. Or for a toss to hands, a hang clean might be a good lift.

Following a weight program is the best way. A program that hits all the major muscle groups and allows you to track your progress week by week.

I legit was your size when I was 17. Finished college at 175 and all muscle.

Time to eat and put in the work.
PBJs, Chocolate Milk, Regular Milk, Proteins (Steak, Pork, Chicken), Greens (Salad, Broccoli, Asparagus, Green Beans, etc), Fresh Fruits, etc.
Get in the gym: both the cheer gym and the weight room.
Stunt with everyone, even if you know you'll only do 15 toss attempts, it'll help you in the long run. Watch stunt videos of the legit dudes, look at their feet/legs/torso in stunts as well as their hands. Technique will be your ally as a small dude.

Like what @Michael White said, legs shoulders arms back core, are all key. Get your reps in, work on your speed and power, not just PRs.

Get good sleep and drink plenty of water often. Your body will thank you later.

Latest posts

Back