College Male Dancers?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Feb 24, 2011
I don't like the idea of guys trying out for a college dance team. As for coed dance teams, it depends on the region. Usually, it's common to see coed dance teams in Southern California, Miami, New York City, and Puerto Rico because of their huge Hispanic populations (i know a lot of Hispanic men love to dance). What do you think?

No offense, but that sounds really sexist. What makes it so different from cheerleading?

No offense, but that sounds really sexist. What makes it so different from cheerleading?

And racist....only Hispanic men love to dance?
I know plenty of guys, from all different backgrounds who love to dance.
If they have the skill and the will...let them try out!

It was weird seeing a boy on the team at first but hey if they have the talent then go for it. I know I would prefer to see a boy on a hip hop team rather then jazz just because I feel like they have to be so perfect in their lines during Jazz that it could throw things off, but if that boy has better lines then some of the girls then go for it.

I cheer and dance, I only do hip hop, though. Not trying to be cocky or anything, but I can move.

there was an all guy dance team at UCA nationals earlier this year. i thought it was pretty good. i don't see what's wrong with it.

I don't like the idea of guys trying out for a college dance team. As for coed dance teams, it depends on the region. Usually, it's common to see coed dance teams in Southern California, Miami, New York City, and Puerto Rico because of their huge Hispanic populations (i know a lot of Hispanic men love to dance). What do you think?

I see the point your trying to make but when the male dancer is better then some of your girl dancers lol. . . who cares in NDA there are more male dancers then there are UDA I only seen two OCC and FSU both guys own that routine wouldn't have been the same without them

Wes Haley was a Ladybird at the University of Lousiville. The ladybirds have a boy currently also. I think they have about 10,000 national championships! The boys are worked into the routine in a way that compliments the team. Or in Wes' case the team was worked in nicely around him.

I have a boy on the dance team I coach. He is the bomb! At the tryouts he was like #2 talent wise. There is no way I was cutting him just becasue he was male. After all we want to compete and we want to win. He can help us do that.

Latest posts

Back