All-Star Male Flyer... Help!

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I think you're feeling a backlash because you started this thread very "poor me, I'm being treated unfair", and sort of like you DESERVE to be in the air. If you would have said, "I would love to fly, and have some experience, but need some help getting people in my gym to be more supportive and help me learn new skills", you would have had a much different outcome. Just my opinion.

he did in his first post.....

I'm not asking to be given special treatment. All I want is an equal opportunity. Work with me when you work with the female flyers. If I can't hit then I don't *want* the stunt, but I don't feel like asking for a chance (even just a 2 hour practice or something) to prove myself is that big of a deal.
Apparently everyone else disagrees...

Any tips on getting back up in the air?

That sound like he's asking for help/tips and that he's not asking for preferential treatment, rather a chance to try..he even said if he can't hit then he doesn't "want" it. I think during the course of the thread some posts made him feel like he was being attacked personally and perhaps that's why it seems like that...but it seems like he was just asking for help initially don't you think?

Again, you obviously don't know anything about me. I'm a junior in HS and I can toss to hands and walk in to extended lib (for the midwest that's crazy). I'm also the best damn backspot in my gym.
It just so happens I love flying and was looking for *help* getting in the air, not your pointless 2 cents

let me whip out my medals for you
no one cares what you personally are capable of doing, so you can stop with that right now, and if you don't want my 2 cents, don't start a thread, it's as simple as that, just because I gave an answer the honest truth that you don't want to accept, you are lashing out.
you are not going to be put in the air in a stunt section aside from baskets. that is the truth. fight it or not, that is the truth and you are beginning to make yourself look like even more of an idiot by continuing to fight that.

Alright, here's my opinion on what you can do (and I think this was already mentioned on the first page - you've gotten your advice). You can try and convince your coach to give you a shot at practice, but it might be futile because he or she might just simply not like male flyers and there's not much you can do about that. Your other option is to put together a stunt group with girls (or guys) that can base you and work with them at open gym and show your coach that you can do the skills.

Personally, I don't like male flyers. But I've seen some amazing ones, and I don't have a major problem with them. But you also said you're 115 or so, and if that's bigger than most of the flyers on your team (which I suspect it is), you're going to have a hard time convincing your coach to let you fly if he or she has to stack your stunt group to get you in the air.

ive tried to find one but that gym has a rule that they only post after the season is done
frown.png

So this thread got a little heated.

Ok, so as a coach...here's my take. I do not like boys flying elites. I don't love them in tosses or pyramid, but I'm pretty indifferent to that. If I was your coach, and you came up to me asking for a chance to see if you could fly, I'd probably suggest finding a stunt group to work outside of practice with. Usually teams are chosen at tryouts with an idea of what everyone is going to be doing in the stunt (flyer, base ect). Once we have choreo, I don't necessarily have time to let you see if you can do it, when someone has already been given that role.

About guys flying and girls holding them. Usually guys are heavier (muscle mass and all that) and their center of gravity is different. So, teaching the girls to base you is going to be different. Not to mention that you'd probably need a beast group under you, which weakens 4 other groups. That hurts the team in order to allow just one person to flourish. I'm completely against doing for one instead of doing for all.

In my world, the team comes before the individual. I will always do what's best for the team before I do what's best for any one person on it. If that means your dream of flying the elite is only done on your own time, I'm sorry. The team will alway come first.

Maybe you should just take it as a compliment that they feel your skills on the ground are so vital that they couldn't lose you by putting you in the air. :)

I definately feel the same as NElite, and i would come to an open gym but i kind of have better things to do with my life like being on an actual level 5 team, last time i checked Tumble Cheer and Stunt didnt have a level 5 team. Again be honest with yourself it will only help you improve. And i definately dont think im the poop and im honest about the skills i have but i also know when i see someone who is not asking for help but more just trying to bash on the industry. Just sayin

I definately feel the same as NElite, and i would come to an open gym but i kind of have better things to do with my life like being on an actual level 5 team, last time i checked Tumble Cheer and Stunt didnt have a level 5 team. Again be honest with yourself it will only help you improve. And i definately dont think im the poop and im honest about the skills i have but i also know when i see someone who is not asking for help but more just trying to bash on the industry. Just sayin

You are quite fixated on this level 5 thing. I am not sure how it is relevant to this topic.

some gyms just want it to be traditional; girls in the air, looking the same (uniform wise) thats how all the gyms i went to were like

you are very right I apologize

If you're so worried about honesty why don't you tell me who you are? Harrison? Dalton?
You consistently use this website to bash me and my skills, but you're info is outdated and innacurate *and* you refuse to make a time (any time) for me to show you how things have changed.
What are you afraid of?
I have my back full and almost my forward full. Last time I checked thats level 5 tumbling right there.

Also, this is tumblecheers inaugural year as level 5, so yeah, we're probably not as good as KC cheer is. But that doesn't give you a right to insult our program! Or to call us a not real level 5 team!
Our girls work just as hard as KC cheer does.
Id appreciate it if you cut the poop. Thanks

Back