All-Star Male Flyers

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I don't agree with the teams that put the guys in the air just because they want to be a part of the latest "fad". :cookie:

However, there is always exceptions to the rule and I think it just depends on how well it's done.

If they can do it, more power to them, but they better be BETTER than everyone else in the air because you know as soon as they go up that's what catches the entire arenas eye.

I only like guys flying baskets and MAYBE middle layer in pyramids. As someone else stated, if your gonna put a guy up - It better be near perfect as everyones eyes will go to it. Id personally like to never see a guy flyer in group stunts in a competition routine. In their spare time - sure - have at it. Premier all-male - its entertaining, have at it - If you have some cute choroegraphy/musicality like "Its raining men" and you put a guy up in a prep, sure, have at it. Im talking on a Coed Allstar routine where there are plenty of girls on the team to pull body positions, etc- Guys should stay on the ground.

We have a male flyer. He rocks. Even better are the beast girls who dual base him in an elite sequence (fullup to stretch through to scorp double). It's not his fault he's built super small and can't base. Who are we to turn away an athlete with amazing skills and flexibility just because he wears pants? I'll take ability over apparel any day.

Hmm my opinion ... in general I don't prefer male flyers! As someone said before it kind of ruins the poise and grace of beautiful body positions. However, for tosses I'm okay with it occasionally, I don't ever think a guy should be point or really ever more than once :oops: (sorry), but I do base one guy who is actually a million times better than most of my flyers! He flys so light! But other than that I feel a little awkward, girls are supposed to be pretty and petite, guys are supposed to be strong and powerful, so I tend to feel a little masculine (no good!) when I'm stucking basing a guy for everything!

Back