All-Star "males - Minimize Exaggerated Or Theatrical Movements"

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I have so many thoughts running through my head about this! I really want to know who was the one that thought of this brilliant beyond brilliant "guideline" and thought it was completely acceptable to be posted for everyone to see? Doesn't matter that they took it down. The seed has been implanted in everyone's heads. The fact that it was just a "guideline" doesn't really mean anything either. I wouldn't be surprised if some judges score differently because they didn't like how that male cheerleader "moved".... How disgusting!

if anyone has a copy of this rule that was on the usasf page before it was taken off cold you please email it to me at [email protected]
im doing a research paper for school and i was going to use this as one of mine, but since it was taken down ive got nothing for right now.

If USASF has an issue with "exaggerated or theatrical movements", then make it universal to all athletes on the mat.

I completely agree - "cleaning up" the sport and making sure routines are age-appropriate and family-friendly across the board (i.e. not selectively applying it to one gender) is one thing. discriminating is completely not ok.

Am I the only person whose biggest issue with the video posted is those elbows in the jumps? I am loving him working out everything he wants to as long as he fixes those elbows.

Hey everyone - Now that Worlds has ended - This issue needs to be brought back up! I am pursuing this issue still and have had some amazing opportunities and support from a new media outlets. If anyone is willing to help - Please PM me or email me: [email protected] - The more people that speak up and are willing to support, the better!

I wore my "I <3 exaggerated and theatrical movements" t-shirt Sunday at the Milkhouse- I had a very nice conversation with a woman wearing a matching button & also a very AWKWARD conversation with someone at the Worlds Store when buying sweatpants (it's so damn cold in the Milkhouse). She asked what my shirt meant, I explained and she said "Yea, and they're trying to ban half tops too!" :banghead:

I would love to help, I am just not sure how much help I could be considering I am a girl...

I sent him an email giving my stance on it. He told me he needs quotes from everyone----and that means everyone---whether they are gay or straight, male or female.

I sent him an email giving my stance on it. He told me he needs quotes from everyone----and that means everyone---whether they are gay or straight, male or female.

Yes. Also if there are any current athletes that would be willing to do interviews for major tv news networks.

Back