All-Star "males - Minimize Exaggerated Or Theatrical Movements"

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

By no means are you alone. I thought it was a sick April Fools joke when I read that. I'm so glad you contacted the ACLU and GLAAD. With all the bullying out there, to write something like that is inexcusable. If they had written males and females should refrain from exaggerated or theatrical movements that would be different (I don't agree with it, but it would not have been as discriminating). Please keep us posted.

Ok, I'm going to try to explain my thoughts on this. I honestly don't think the board was was trying to attack the gay cheerleader. I think that this guide only applies to very few of the boys in the industry. Think of it as Elton John works and Libarotchi doesn't. The "should be male and female appropriate" line I feel means boys should not be flying stunts and baskets. I wish there had been more explanation on the thinking behind these Image guides and I don't see that these are rules, just the boards opinion on how things should be.

I thought cheer was all about showing you "spirit" so next i suppose all cheerleaders will be banned from having facials? This is crazy! They are basically attemptiong to push males out of the sports. If you look at the tumbling limitations, its targeted mostly at males because the majority of those higher level skills are performed by males, and now saying only males cant be theatrical is insane. I am saddend honestly!

Back