All-Star March 2018 Videos

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Wait! I'm tardy for the party! I thought SE won BATC! This is not directed expressly at SE, But it seems like teams are going away from innovation for innovation's sake, to playing it safe and hitting the score sheets. So, if lib to lib scores the same as stretch to stretch or full around scores as well as double up, (I don't know if it does, prol not) then, you get lib to lib, full around. Not, as interesting or impressive (IMHO), but they can hit it and win.

Exactly, this is what I mean. It’s weird to watch all these teams who have been clearly capable of doing 4 to tucks just water it down because they can. Idk it just looks weird this year seeing teams who can clearly toss 9 toss 7 just because it hits. I just miss the innovation and the challenge. I find myself applauding teams who still just go 3 to tuck without the stop in the middle and that’s crazy. I remember calis turning 5 jump sequence and being like wowwwwww. Now it’s just whatever hits the score sheet.

Last edited:
Exactly, this is what I mean. It’s weird to watch all these teams who have been clearly capable of doing 4 to tucks just water it down because they can. Idk it just looks weird this year seeing teams who can clearly toss 9 toss 7 just because it hits. I just miss the innovation and the challenge. I find myself applauding teams who still just go 3 to tuck without the stop in the middle and that’s crazy. I remember calis turning 5 jump sequence and bring like wowwwwww. Now it’s just whatever hits the score sheet.

I am a coach and the way the scoresheet is now you dont have to do as much as you used to. in that diviison doing 7 tosses will score the same as doing 9 tosses. why put up 2 more tosses and sacrifice losing points in technique when you can put your best 7 tosses up and score the max you can for toss quantity and score high on tecnique also. its not worth it to lose the points in technique. And jusmps are the same way. you score the max you can in jumps if you do 3 connected or 2 and then stop and another jump. whatever is going to score the highest in technique is what you should go with. why do 5 jumps when you dont need them? youre going to lose points in technique. and scoring is so close now a days that losinf .10 in technique score can be the difference between firrst and second.

coaches put in what is going to score best on a scoresheet. not to please fans watching their routines.

i feel like that the flipping bow and arrow stunt hasnt hit all season... could be wrong, but that left side has struggled all season to hit, so if they took the left side out from doing it i wonder if they will add it back in or change the stunt completely come worlds.
hope they add some form of difficulty back in for the stunt after tumbling.

I am a coach and the way the scoresheet is now you dont have to do as much as you used to. in that diviison doing 7 tosses will score the same as doing 9 tosses. why put up 2 more tosses and sacrifice losing points in technique when you can put your best 7 tosses up and score the max you can for toss quantity and score high on tecnique also. its not worth it to lose the points in technique. And jusmps are the same way. you score the max you can in jumps if you do 3 connected or 2 and then stop and another jump. whatever is going to score the highest in technique is what you should go with. why do 5 jumps when you dont need them? youre going to lose points in technique. and scoring is so close now a days that losinf .10 in technique score can be the difference between firrst and second.

coaches put in what is going to score best on a scoresheet. not to please fans watching their routines.

What about to advance the sport? Express your creativity? Innovation? TGLC somehow manages to both innovate and be competitive every year. Also, LAG has traditionally been the "eye-popping" division; where tic-tocks premiered, etc. I think that's where the disappointment is coming from.

Last edited:
What about to advance the sport? Express your creativity? Innovation
What about to advance the sport? Express your creativity? Innovation?
you can still express your creativity and be innovative But why would you add in things that are not necessary and are not going to raise you score in any way. Coaches have to be smart and hit the score sheet to get the best score possible

I'm not disagreeing with you. I'm just asking. But, when a routine gets watered down, don't you lose some of your creativity and innovation? If you remove "unnecessary" elements, doesn't that include some of the riskier elements? Like Panther's routine: they could probably do an easier version of their elite handstand stunt, but wouldn't that change the overall impression?

I understand all of that, just saying that cheer isn’t the same as it used to be is all.

it's almost a COMPLETELY different routine!

They didn’t have their real routine for showcase, they were basically showing skills. The only thing that’s changed is the opposite double up, high to high full around & one small element in the pyramid.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back