All-Star Maryland Marlins Tsunami

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

From what I remember being told (quite a blur!) Tsu was scored up until the point of lights out day 1, and Brea's injury day two. They had to do the routine full out again each time, though not scored each 2nd time up until the point where the routine was stopped the first time. It seems that the Worlds people in charge thought it may be an unfair advantage to marking a routine till the point where it stopped due to just doing half the routine. Does that make sense?

From what I remember being told (quite a blur!) Tsu was scored up until the point of lights out day 1, and Brea's injury day two. They had to do the routine full out again each time, though not scored each 2nd time up until the point where the routine was stopped the first time. It seems that the Worlds people in charge thought maybe an advantage to marking a routine till the point where it stopped. Does that make sense?

Interesting, I have never seen it done that way at other comps. Is this new this year at worlds, or was I just not paying close enough attention in previous years?

Interesting, I have never seen it done that way at other comps. Is this new this year at worlds, or was I just not paying close enough attention in previous years?

I'm at a loss too! I assumed they would mark the routine, but they came out again full out and the parents were in shock! I was thinking NO WAY...Ohhh Lord!!!!! After the dust settled, it seemed to make a little more sense. If a team comes out and doesn't have to do the first half, they'd have so much more energy for the 2nd half which could be have been interpreted as an unfair advantage.

I teared up when I watched their 2nd finals performance. Got chills when their stunts hit and the group that had to just stand there while holding hands and trying not to jump up and down with all they had in them. What an amazing feeling that must've been. You should be very proud Tsunami!
i loved watching that too! it was so cute to see them just busting at the seams!

This poor team! Four times in one weekend is just insane, but they hit perfectly all four times didn't they?! (Aside from Brea getting hurt). But they were in good spirits about it, the girl who spoke for them after their first Day 2 performance was able to laugh about having to compete so many times, as was the rest of the team
is there a video of her 'speech' why/where/what was it all about?

From what I remember being told (quite a blur!) Tsu was scored up until the point of lights out day 1, and Brea's injury day two. They had to do the routine full out again each time, though not scored each 2nd time up until the point where the routine was stopped the first time. It seems that the Worlds people in charge thought it may be an unfair advantage to marking a routine till the point where it stopped due to just doing half the routine. Does that make sense?

NO IT DOES NOT !

Were you the spokesperson? If so.... It was so sweet. Everyone was clapping :). After all you've been through that you all were happy to compete yet again was really great and showed that Marlins truly love the sport and each other and are willing to overcome every obstacle. I can tell everyone on this team has such a big heart. Very consistent, unlike many other teams so it's good that you all were so well prepared that you could do great all 4 times.<3 Tsunami and can't wait to see them next year. And congratulations, you all did amazing.

You are correct, our spokesperson was Brittany and she made us proud which is nothing new, she ALWAYS makes us proud. As team captain for the last few years, she always set a postive example and took her job seriously but with wit and humor. We just love her !!

My daughters team had an injury 3 years ago at Worlds and they were scored up until the injury and when they went back out they had to perform full out and the scoring picked up where the injury occurred.

We had the pleasure of meeting Brittany and some of the other girls last year at Worlds and walked away saying what a classy team they seemed to be and that they had 2 new fans. Meet some of the girls again at Cheersport this year and again we were soooo impressed by them off and on the mat. Now after this past weekend I can't even find the words to say how impressed we are with their spirit and heart. This team is everything cheerleading should be and shows you really don't need a gold metal to be a winner. We are fans for life<3
Brea-Best wishes and prayers for a speedy recovery.

My daughters team had an injury 3 years ago at Worlds and they were scored up until the injury and when they went back out they had to perform full out and the scoring picked up where the injury occurred.
Okay thanks for the info, so I just wasn't paying close enough attention in the past.

Back