All-Star Maryland State Championship Jan 22

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Both programs had great routines overall but I disagree with your analogy in determining whose best. You can't determine the best when one gym uses athletes of a higher level on lower level teams vs another gym whose athletes compete at their level. In addition, @ cheerlegal gave a great example of another gym that had 3 gyms competing in level 5 that wasn't even in the running.
Not to mention the two Coastal employees one the head judge who is also their gym coach/consultant and athletes from the gym across the street to sandbagg your teams. The subjective judging gave you 6 wins and 1 second place, I guess that was not enough.

I get it but I just think when u have 4 lvl 5 teams that is not true reflection of how ur program did. We already knew they were the best lvl 5 program but best overall program was a bit of a stretch. No disrespect to twisters I am a huge fan but I think so of the other gyms get discouraged bcuz they know it would be virtually impossible for them to win best program unless they compete 3 lvl 5 teams. A more fair way to determine best prog. Add scores from all teams in the prog divide by total number of teams. That will give u a true prog avg. I took the liberty and it came out: heat-88.264, twisters-87.494, spirit force-86.944.

Everyone from the Maryland area in the Cheer world knows that HEAT will make out well at MD States for whatever reason. I am a fan of HEAT, Twisters, and Marlons. I don't agree with the analogy because the scoring was awful. I don't take anything away from any team because all of these athletes work really hard and does well. But did you actually see the scores? Let alone the score sheets. It is no way possible HEAT level 5 was that close in score behind F5. NOT BY FAR. HEAT did not even get all the deductions they should have gotten. If you pay attention to past competitions at MD State and if you could get access to score sheets overall, you would notice that scoring is just not right, and I will leave it as that, because this was only a state competition. If this were a National competition with the same routines performed exactly how they were, scoring would have been extremely different. Not placement for small senior 5 because Twisters small senior 5 caused their selves their placement but definitely scoring. All you have to do is watch the tapes. Nationals pay close attention to alternative ways to hit skills (fake switch-ups, full-ups, tick-tock etc...) which level 5 Worlds teams should not be doing. The overall program award should be based off of more than scores.

Dont you just love when ppl speak on things and have NO idea what they are talking about. When you lose nothing is said about you but when you execute and win the following week here comes the drama! The State of Maryland is so drama filled its not even funny and its taking away from the sport! When will the day come where CHILDREN can just go to a competition do well and not be talked about after its over and done?

Both programs had great routines overall but I disagree with your analogy in determining whose best. You can't determine the best when one gym uses athletes of a higher level on lower level teams vs another gym whose athletes compete at their level. In addition, @ cheerlegal gave a great example of another gym that had 3 gyms competing in level 5 that wasn't even in the running.
Very good point, But it is fair for twisters to win best programs over the other gym, I would not be arguing that. However, if I brought 4 level 1 teams and we won every division we still could not possibly win best prog unless we somehow outscored f5, eclipse, reign, supercells, and velocity (or at least 3 out of 5) that's all I'm saying. I don't think their is anything wrong with the results based on their rationale. I just think the rationale has some holes in it. As for the part about competing at lower levels...I have plenty to say about that but I will just take this road. Teams with 100 athletes 17 of which are level 2 will understandably place 3 level 3 or 4 athletes on the team to make 20. Not necessary when u have enough athletes for 6 lvl 2 teams and they can cross within their lvl. I just think there should be a %- 85% of girls can't be crossovers. And let ppl do whatever works best for them and their gym with the other 15%

Flaming
Can you please shed light on your involvement in this argument? I mean you're entitled to your opinion, but from my knowledge you are not even or (weren't as of October 2011) at any of these Maryland Programs? I think that was right after your daughter was released from Velocity - and, you all were quite anti-Twisters at the Cheer Extreme Showcase that you and daughter attended... at which you bashed CEA via Facebook (yes, I saw your posts) and their athletes (specifically some high-profiled ones that you were trying to coordinate meet and greets while you were in route via facebook) Before you ask.. Yes, I know, how I know - is not your concern... I'm just confused why you have such an interest, continue to argue - when from my understanding...
You were released from Crimson Heat, released from Maryland Twisters - and found flaws with CEA that you vocalized at the Showcase.

Just trying to piece together your angle.

Dont you just love when ppl speak on things and have NO idea what they are talking about. When you lose nothing is said about you but when you execute and win the following week here comes the drama! The State of Maryland is so drama filled its not even funny and its taking away from the sport! When will the day come where CHILDREN can just go to a competition do well and not be talked about after its over and done?
Not sure if this was directed towards me or not...but I said nothing negative about anyones team. I purposefully kept all my personal opinions to myself. I simply stated that I do not like the criteria coastal used to determine best program. Having 10 good teams makes you a better program than having 3 great teams and 7 bad teams. But at this comp the latter would win the "best program" award. Then parents move their level 2 athletes from the better program to the "best program" and wonder why they are not successful.

For those of you asking, what just happened with my post... this might be applicable (at least it compares to my above message.)

Watch from 6:00 minutes to 7:11

You try to attack me because I don't agree with someone's analogy. That's pretty hilarious!!! All I can say is someone is feeding you some horrible lies but I know that is what happens when folks are bitter about people LEAVING their program and not getting released, as you stated!!! Your post says a lot about that gym. People take notice!!! They need to be truthful because your information is so far fetched and the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard. Come back and try to call someone out when you get your facts straight. Oh and by the way, post my comments bashing Twisters and CEA cause you know there is none. Your tactics won't work! Oh and by the way, my daughter never cheered on Velocity, lol.

You try to attack me because I don't agree with someone's analogy. That's pretty hilarious!!! All I can say is someone is feeding you some horrible lies but I know that is what happens when folks are bitter about people LEAVING their program and not getting released, as you stated!!! Your post says a lot about that gym. People take notice!!! They need to be truthful because your information is so far fetched and the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard. Come back and try to call someone out when you get your facts straight. Oh and by the way, post my comments bashing Twisters and CEA cause you know there is none. Your tactics won't work! Oh and by the way, my daughter never cheered on Velocity, lol.

Do not mistake my questions, for an attack. If I wanted to attack you, trust you would know it, sorry Flaming don't get it Twisted.

I thought Weather Girls tryouts were very fair which makes me respect that program even more!!! Thanks for asking.

People fail to realize that technology can fail us. Man made technology; therefore man can break into it and figure it out. This is my profession. At Homeland Security, we do extensive background checks in which investigators are able to crack any security codes. By law, a Program CEO (such as Face Book) has to reveal certain information to Government Authorities in certain situations. Which means, it is a human being that has the power to do as they wish or as they are ordered with personal information. Because I respect and love my job, I am one to always do what I am ordered to do with technology and information.
With that said, it’s not cool to make comments about other people when they are false, you have no clue of what you’re talking about, and the number one rule of thumb, YOU’RE HIDING BEHIND A USER NAME so you think. If you have so much to say (negatively) and sometime too much to say, stop being the sucker that you are. Or maybe, get a life outside of stalking cheerleaders and their parents. Make sure your emotions are from factual information versus hear say and info from these coaches and parents of the gym you affiliate yourself with.
It looks like one day in the near future, there needs to be a thread that is titled “Let’s reveal User Names of those who thought they could not be revealed”. I’m sure a lot of you coaches who hide behind these user names, along with other folks, would not know how to pick your face up off the ground. Furthermore, gym owners would gag to see how many ignorant staff they have representing them.
:eek: :eek: :jawdrop:

People fail to realize that technology can fail us. Man made technology; therefore man can break into it and figure it out. This is my profession. At Homeland Security, we do extensive background checks in which investigators are able to crack any security codes. By law, a Program CEO (such as Face Book) has to reveal certain information to Government Authorities in certain situations. Which means, it is a human being that has the power to do as they wish or as they are ordered with personal information. Because I respect and love my job, I am one to always do what I am ordered to do with technology and information.
With that said, it’s not cool to make comments about other people when they are false, you have no clue of what you’re talking about, and the number one rule of thumb, YOU’RE HIDING BEHIND A USER NAME so you think. If you have so much to say (negatively) and sometime too much to say, stop being the sucker that you are. Or maybe, get a life outside of stalking cheerleaders and their parents. Make sure your emotions are from factual information versus hear say and info from these coaches and parents of the gym you affiliate yourself with.
It looks like one day in the near future, there needs to be a thread that is titled “Let’s reveal User Names of those who thought they could not be revealed”. I’m sure a lot of you coaches who hide behind these user names, along with other folks, would not know how to pick your face up off the ground. Furthermore, gym owners would gag to see how many ignorant staff they have representing them.
:eek: :eek: :jawdrop:

My daughter and I are becoming quite immune to the attacks that have come from some of the coaches and parents at Crimson Heat. It has been over a year and they still won't leave us alone. The false rumors seem to be a daily thing for the past year! I have many witnesses to this fact. I don't think a gym would be this bitter about an athlete they supposedly released! I just hope people on this board learn something about that program from meanj's post. This is the type of thing that goes on behind closed doors in some of these gyms. Therefore, the fact that someone would come and post their rumors as fact is sad!! Aren't they suppose to be a CHRISTIAN organization?

Back