All-Star Masculine Male?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

So, is there no way to say that you don't like overly effeminate performances by males in cheer routines without sounding like you want to see all homosexuals banned from the sport?

For what it is worth, the "moves" that are considered overly effeminate (blowing kisses, exaggerated facial expressions, flipping hair, shimmying, etc.) are exactly my favorite when done by females either.

There's a place in this sport for every type. I watched the broadcast, and I didn't get the impression that Jamie, Happy, James, Victor or anyone else who spoke on this topic was trying to eliminate a certain type of guy. They were speaking on how to encourage other types.

I think a good shimmy or hair flip is fine in moderation (and this goes for everyone on the floor, male or female). The epileptic teams drive me crazy. There is such thing as too much people!!! Anyway, I think you're taking this whole thing a little too personal. The "Boy" issue is more than an ebb and flow type thing. We're not getting any new blood, and haven't since before the recession. The NACCC discussion was purely about how to encourage guys who might have been intimidated away from the sport. You aren't going to agree with everything everyone says, and everyone isn't going to agree with you. That's what intelligent discussion and debate is all about. We, as an industry, need to find a way to get more guys involved. If that means increasing the value of coed stunting, then that's an option we need to look at. I'm sure there's going to be lots of different solutions that are added to the mix.

There is no sport in the US that allows discussion or 'thought' process for or against the sexuality of a player or athlete. I am concerned that it is showing up in this sport. If the male athlete is leaving the sport and the numbers are declining, what is the reason? Changing rules within a sport should only be for increased safety, or to keep up with advanced technique or equipment changes....changing the rules to attract a certain type of athlete....WOW! Hope no one feels so offended as to file a law suit.....

There is no sport in the US that allows discussion or 'thought' process for or against the sexuality of a player or athlete. I am concerned that it is showing up in this sport. If the male athlete is leaving the sport and the numbers are declining, what is the reason? Changing rules within a sport should only be for increased safety, or to keep up with advanced technique or equipment changes....changing the rules to attract a certain type of athlete....WOW! Hope no one feels so offended as to file a law suit.....

Just what we need. A bunch of upset gays that feel like they are getting kicked out of the sport... LOL!

i think the bottomline is that we need for everyone - males, females, masculine, feminine, whoever - to be good, and WELL ROUNDED athletes. In order for the sport to continue to evolve in its athleticism, we need to find a balance between the two. We need the 'feminine' males to be strong and powerful in tumbling and stunting. We need the 'masculine' males to learn how to shake it and let loose a little.

And somehow we love to see all-girl 'coed' stunts, where females are throwing toss cupies, etc. No one gets upset about seeing a 'masculine' female stunt group... those girls are admired. Somehow it feels like the 'feminine' males are not given the same credit.

Back