All-Star Maxing Out Level 1?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

This is interesting to me; I have a kiddo on a mini 1 (third year of cheer) and will probably be on mini 1 again next year. I just let the coaches coach so never know what scores well or anything but her current pass is a 2 step fwo, round off turn, fwo, cartwheel, bwo. I think between the cartwheel and bwo they have started having her and the other two girls do a 2 count (maybe less idk) pause. Is the pause for the legality thing? I always thought it was just to make sure they are really clean and together and it does look really pretty but now wondering if there's some other reason behind it.

About the cartwheel bwo legality I would say no, it's only for round off bwo. I would guess the same as you, for cleanliness and timing, though that pause may be counted as a break in the pass, depending on the judges. Like a punch front, pause, rest of pass in level 3, it has to be there for legality, but might be counted as two different passes. As I said I don't coach level 1 so I'm not that updated on what scores how, but as far as legality goes a cw bwo doesn't need a break next season either. :)

Watch Arizona Heat Jflame, they are Junior Level 1 and I love their routine from D2 Summit last year.

Sorry just realized this is an old thread

I'm a bit biased because I love smaller gyms (especially in my state), but AZ Heat is my favorite team to watch for non-level 5. I honestly think they have some of the best choreography as well as the cleanest execution I've ever seen, even if their difficulty isn't always maxed out.

I'm a bit biased because I love smaller gyms (especially in my state), but AZ Heat is my favorite team to watch for non-level 5. I honestly think they have some of the best choreography as well as the cleanest execution I've ever seen, even if their difficulty isn't always maxed out.

I love watching AZ Heat as well, they are one of CP's favorite teams she is always looking up their videos and at competitions she always watches them if she is able to. We are in Arizona so we see them a lot, haven't seen their Junior 1 team at a competition yet though. CP gets excited and nervous hoping they will be at one of her competitions because she wants to watch them but she is on a junior 1 team as well and she tells me she doesn't want to compete against them lol

Back