High School Michigan High School Cheer

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I always hated how flimsy the sleeves were. We aren't allowed to wear sweatshirts for sideline (our team never orders any), So I have to wear an under armour underneath, but neither help in the pouring rain. And that sucks :( This year is the first year we might have one or two boys on our sideline team.
I would cry!!!! We had warmups and I would always wear a long sleeve, Columbia, cheer sweatshirt, and then our warmup jacket with gloves to keep warm! (If we knew it would be cold we would come wearing warm ups..and with warmups we didn't have to wear our bodysuit or uni) and our warmup pants were any black yoga pants so Id wear my brothers red, knee high, football socks, leggings, and then my yoga pants over those. Let's just say it gets COLD and rainy allll the time.

I would cry!!!! We had warmups and I would always wear a long sleeve, Columbia, cheer sweatshirt, and then our warmup jacket with gloves to keep warm! (If we knew it would be cold we would come wearing warm ups..and with warmups we didn't have to wear our bodysuit or uni) and our warmup pants were any black yoga pants so Id wear my brothers red, knee high, football socks, leggings, and then my yoga pants over those. Let's just say it gets COLD and rainy allll the time.
Geez! Yeah if one person forgot their sweatpants...we didnt wear sweatpants.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android || Upgrade Your Account!

Lol teams that have screechy, girly voices get made fun of. We're told to use 'football voices' :)

I prefer natural voices. I can yell pretty darn loud without changing my voice to either alto or baritone. It just sounds like me but super loud.
I still think it sounds funny no matter what the explanation is. Different strokes for different folks though. I just don't understand it because its not normal to me.
Does anyone watch UCA high school nationals? None of those teams lead cheers with deep voices....

I prefer natural voices. I can yell pretty darn loud without changing my voice to either alto or baritone. It just sounds like me but super loud.
I still think it sounds funny no matter what the explanation is. Different strokes for different folks though. I just don't understand it because its not normal to me.
Does anyone watch UCA high school nationals? None of those teams lead cheers with deep voices....

Like I said, I didn't even know other schools completely differently, and most girls didnt know that either. I don't think anyone actually watches other cheerleading on tv, except a few girls watch worlds. We only watch other Michigan schools on YouTube, who project very loudly and deeply. So that's our inspiration :)

Does every team switch uniforms between rounds? (Please tell me they did in the videos on the first page of the thread, otherwise I'm going crazy). I would hate to have to wear one uniform and bring two more to the competition with me. I feel like a lot of people would accidentally forget something.

Does every team switch uniforms between rounds? (Please tell me they did in the videos on the first page of the thread, otherwise I'm going crazy). I would hate to have to wear one uniform and bring two more to the competition with me. I feel like a lot of people would accidentally forget something.

Some teams do, it's their choice. My team never thought it was necessary so we didn't. But Stevenson did I'm pretty sure!

I found that teams who are really good are the ones that get more funding, meaning they have more than one uniform. One team near us gets about two new uniforms a year, one in the beginning and one at the end of the season. They have different unis for every round. But most teams only have one.

It's usually okay if people forget something. We have a team of 24 and have a different uniform for every round, and if someone forgets something a person who's not in that round will let them borrow it. And our 3 uniforms are just older ones that we use. For instance, we're getting new uniforms this season, which will become our round 1 unis since those are the oldest ones. Those unis will go to JV to become their round 1 unis. Very rarely do we discontinue unis, since right now we technically have 6 that we use.

It's usually okay if people forget something. We have a team of 24 and have a different uniform for every round, and if someone forgets something a person who's not in that round will let them borrow it. And our 3 uniforms are just older ones that we use. For instance, we're getting new uniforms this season, which will become our round 1 unis since those are the oldest ones. Those unis will go to JV to become their round 1 unis. Very rarely do we discontinue unis, since right now we technically have 6 that we use.

Every competition we had girls on the team forget part of their uniform (even shoes!) and it always worked out because of the girls not in the rounds.
And same here with the uniforms! We never changed, but we have three different ones and have considered using them. Two are old and we have one brand new one. I would assume that if we ever had a jv team they would use the past years uniforms :)

Every competition we had girls on the team forget part of their uniform (even shoes!) and it always worked out because of the girls not in the rounds.
And same here with the uniforms! We never changed, but we have three different ones and have considered using them. Two are old and we have one brand new one. I would assume that if we ever had a jv team they would use the past years uniforms :)

Yeah, Michigan cheer definitely has its perks. I was only in round 1 last year and it was awesome because I could just hangout for the rest of the competition.

Back