Middle School

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Jul 19, 2011
Is there a specific rule against doing stunts on a tile floor. If there is, can someone point me where to find it? My mom says they stunt on the tile cafeteria floor at her school all the time. Mainly double bases stunts. She also sees athletes spotting other athletes on backhandsprings on the same floor. Is there a rule that specifically says this is illegal?

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

Is there a specific rule against doing stunts on a tile floor. If there is, can someone point me where to find it? My mom says they stunt on the tile cafeteria floor at her school all the time. Mainly double bases stunts. She also sees athletes spotting other athletes on backhandsprings on the same floor. Is there a rule that specifically says this is illegal?

Maybe to get a brain! No cheerleader should be doing any stunting or tumbling on a tile floor! If I was a parent I would take my child out of there ASAP!

Assuming that they are following NFHS rules, the only surface restrictions are:

H. Specific Surface Restrictions

The following skills are only allowed on a mat, grass or rubberized track surface.
1. Basket tosses, elevator/sponge tosses and other similar multi-based tosses.
2. Partner stunts in which the base uses only one arm to support the top person.
3. Twisting tumbling skills (Arabians, full twisting layouts, etc.). The exception to this rule is the following:
a. Cartwheels, roundoffs and aerial cartwheels are allowed on surfaces other than a mat, grass or rubberized​
track.​

All other stunts and tumbling are legal without a mat. High school and middle school cheerleaders perform stunts and tumbling on basketball courts every day.

Assuming that they are following NFHS rules, the only surface restrictions are:

H. Specific Surface Restrictions

The following skills are only allowed on a mat, grass or rubberized track surface.
1. Basket tosses, elevator/sponge tosses and other similar multi-based tosses.
2. Partner stunts in which the base uses only one arm to support the top person.
3. Twisting tumbling skills (Arabians, full twisting layouts, etc.). The exception to this rule is the following:
a. Cartwheels, roundoffs and aerial cartwheels are allowed on surfaces other than a mat, grass or rubberized​
track.​

All other stunts and tumbling are legal without a mat. High school and middle school cheerleaders perform stunts and tumbling on basketball courts every day.

Okay. That is what I thought. I was just checking to be sure though.

Back