All-Star Mom's List For Coaches (spinoff Of Coaches List For Moms)

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

We were there too... what a cruise that was from the Way North...ehhhhh

LOL...we took the "L" there. Now THAT was an experience my kids will never forget, getting off the red line at that 95th St. station - in their competition outfits. :eek::confused::help: New rule formed that day - any comps on the Southside we DRIVE, no matter how easy it is to get there by train.

We do try to pack a snack. But like I said earlier - it's a very elaborate procedure getting them to practice. They go directly from school - there is a bus, a train, and a car involved. Once in a while we forget to pack a snack. Or worse, if it's not close to "grocery day", there's nothing to pack. So we end up just hoping we get 30 seconds to spare to buy a snack later. Doesn't make it any less rude to stuff pizza in your face in front of 25 hungry kids.

Jeez no one said you were being a bad coach. Just a rude one. And the visual your post just created was just gross. I think I seriously would scream if I saw you spotting my daughter with a sub in your hand - I really hope you're kidding. :eek:

So, for the coaches who felt the need to defend themselves about the eating thing; Nope. Still not OK. If you read the whole post, and the whole thread, you'll see that what I said was that we also haven't eaten - so saying you "have to eat during practice because you're so busy" doesn't wash. That was my whole point - we also haven't had time to eat. I can just imagine if I sent my daughter into the gym with a SUB in her hand and she tried to say "I came right from school, I haven't had time to eat!"

I didn't say "Stop eating." I saaaaid "Stop eating in front of us." This is just. plain. rude. Half these kids have just come from practice at school, school itself, or some other activity. They're busy too - and starving. They CAN'T eat because they have to be ready to tumble, stunt, run, etc. And you're really going to tell me that as an ADULT you don't know better than to stand there and eat WHILE YOU'RE COACHING? Go in the office and eat...or your car...or wherever. You all find places to SMOKE (yeah, sorry. The kids know about that one), I'm sure you can find places to eat. The whole point of my original post, and I'll say it again: Coaches, you are far from the only busy people in this. I don't know if you all think we just sit on the sofa with our kids all day waiting for it to be 5:00 for practice...but we don't. So please stop using "But I'm so busy" as an excuse for everything. We're busy too - and you don't see us sending our kids in with subs in hand because they were "too busy" to eat. :rolleyes:

This really is one of my biggest pet peeve. So practice what you preach - eat in the car, in the bathroom (eeww), or just WAIT another half hour. But for God's sake...stop eating on the mat while you're coaching.

BTW...drinks are not the same thing. I don't care if you have a soda or coffee in your hand.
Bahahahahahhhahahah!

My old coach used to sit and eat in front of us alllll the time! Hated it. We had a fast food place right next door and she would always have that or something microwaved. While we were stretching and conditioning she would be sitting there stuffing her face. The gym smelled like nasty fast food while we were dying conditioning, made me want to puke. I can see it now *mouth full of food* "run backwards suicides", disguisting! Its not like I was dying of hunger or anything but stinking up the gym while we were all sweating and gross just doesn't make for a combination. Also, she always used to sit and talk about her boyfriend and weekend with her "favorites" while the rest of us were stretching. In hindsight, I wish I had switched gyms earlier. My parents depend on the coaches to ....well, actually coach with proper technique.

I bet you NONE of the parents on this thread are "demanding" anything more than full focus from the coaches and a little respect. Cheer moms are a running joke in all stars. I'd hate to be undeservedly labeled and the butt of joke threads and videos just because my kid participated. I've had way more "just glad their kid loves it" moms than pushy, demanding or annoying moms.
Coaches should take their jobs as seriously as the parents take their kids enthusiasm ($3,000 a year serious enuff?) for the sport.
There are just as many unprofessional, lazy, immature, bend-to-the-will-of-suzy coaches in this business as there are psycho cheer moms. If you're one of them, go meet up on the unfierceboard.

Legit moms and legit coaches however, please continue with the good stuff. @Mamarazzi I hope you officially hijack this thread with your sunshine.

We've got spirit how bout you?!!

As a "rule following" parent, my biggest peeve is when the rules are bent AND it affects the team. It stinks when we plan our vacations around cheer, never take time off during peak comp season, and Suzie's family decides missing the last day of practice before a competition for a theme park trip is fine (and unpunished.).

I think the rule of an unexcused absence in the week before a comp resulting in not competing only needs to be enforced once for just about everyone to take note.

Back