More Clarifications For Level 6 Pyramids

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Jan 24, 2011
The previous thread clarified that the backspot and toe-pitch count as spotters for a 2-1-1 pyramid. I have a few further questions...

What if the backspot is primarily supporting the base in the thigh stand (to prevent the base from falling backwards)? Does this now negate them as a spotter and an additional spotter would be required?

Please clarify... are bases that are involved in the mount (regardless of what the mount is) able to be spotters, provided they are not primary pyramid support and focused on the flyer? Can these bases also catch the dismount? If they do catch the dismount, can they still be considered spotters?

Dismounts from 2.5 pyramids... do they always require 3 catchers? Or would a coed 2 person cradle catch (with one base primarily supporting the neck/shoulder area) be allowed? Are there any exceptions for this rule dependant on what dismount is being performed? (ie. a 3/4 front rotation vs. a straight pop down to floor vs. a cradle)

Andre
@imrichhowboutyou
I would very much appreciate your interpretation as I have not heard back from my e-mail inquiry to Les (Yes, I understand he is busy.)

THANK YOU!

The previous thread clarified that the backspot and toe-pitch count as spotters for a 2-1-1 pyramid. I have a few further questions...

1. What if the backspot is primarily supporting the base in the thigh stand (to prevent the base from falling backwards)? Does this now negate them as a spotter and an additional spotter would be required?

2. Please clarify... are bases that are involved in the mount (regardless of what the mount is) able to be spotters, provided they are not primary pyramid support and focused on the flyer? Can these bases also catch the dismount? If they do catch the dismount, can they still be considered spotters?

3. Dismounts from 2.5 pyramids... do they always require 3 catchers? Or would a coed 2 person cradle catch (with one base primarily supporting the neck/shoulder area) be allowed? Are there any exceptions for this rule dependant on what dismount is being performed? (ie. a 3/4 front rotation vs. a straight pop down to floor vs. a cradle)

Andre
@imrichhowboutyou
I would very much appreciate your interpretation as I have not heard back from my e-mail inquiry to Les (Yes, I understand he is busy.)

THANK YOU!

Send/post a video. I generally won't say anything is legal without seeing it.

1. A backspot can have their hands on the middle layer providing some support, but if they are primarily supporting the middle person they are a base and cannot be a spot for the top person at the same time. Primarily is a key word in that sentence.

2. I think the terminology being used is making this question hard to answer so I'm going to try a different route.

I can do a 221 pop down with 7 people. 4 are involved in the shoulder stands leaving 2 people to throw the remaining 1 to the top. Those 2 can legally throw her, count as the spots for her, and catch her on the pop down. It would take an additional person to catch if they cradle, regular or flip, from the 221.

3. All cradles from 2.5 high require 3 catchers. You can pop down to 2 people.

In addition, If you are doing a 2-1-1, the bases and back spot of the mid layer can catch the top girl in a cradle when the mid layer jumps out.

Back