All-Star More [possible] Changes

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Don’t some college cheer teams wear crop tops? I feel like I have seen that, and I think they were still athletic looking. My Cp is actually very much looking forward to being on a senior team to get the opportunity to wear a crop. I think, especially for non-Worlds senior divisions, it gives the kids a bit of excitement to “graduate” to the senior level and get that uni. I honestly don’t think the athletes look at the crops as being “inappropriate.” Personally, as a parent, I think full tops are more uniform looking, but I totally get the kids wanting them.

Kids also want candy for dinner - and a cell phone, and no curfew, and.. and.. and...
Parents, trusted adults, coaches, etc, need to do what is first and foremost in the best interest of the kids regardless of what they "want".

I personally think the ICU teams look fantastic in the full tops (and I know the material now used is much lighter, and more comfortable than the 'shells' used years ago). Also if the 'norm' is shifted away from crop tops all together - kids won't care anymore.

I think like posters said above - forcing a child to wear a crop top on stage certainly, 100%, fact, without a doubt deter children and parents from the sport.

However, I think I child & family who fell in love with cheerleading already, and now are required to wear a full top - will not quit due to a uniform change & bonus points because it might now attract a family that originally said 100% no to the sport due to uniforming.

Hoping that make sense?

Here for it... my only question is, why is this only being applied to the IASF?

Because this outrage would be x1000 if they said all divisions.
I *think* the IASF divisions might "care less" (even though that is maybe not the best way to describe it, because I am sure they do care) and so there will be less push back to the change.

Then once that is in place - they can tackle the USASF & all the crazy cheer moms ;):p

Back