All-Star Most Recent Injury in Cheerleading, and How you did it.

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

at nationals about 1.5 months ago, i messed up my hamsting, it is really badly strained/ lil rips in it.
i did it in a toe touch on the competition floor:p
my hip locked right b4 i went to jump and my hamstring ripped around my bone.
i kept going on with the routine, crying, and i managed to do everything but tumble and finish the jump section, and im a main top and i still had to do pyramid and baskets.
and the end of my routine i tried to get up off my knees but i couldnt and i collapsed and blacked out. medics came and got me while i was still blacked out, they had thought i fully ripped it, but thank goodness they soon realized it wasn't.

and im still not able to do anything :(

Back in december i hyper extened my elbow trying to do an onodi. i couldn't tumble for a couple of weeks but that was it....but now it locks up alot then it pops. It does it alot when im stunting or just doing nothing!! and now something inside of my arm pulls alot too but i don't know what it is

I always manage to hurt myself in odd ways. Lets go way back, very first day of cheer ever (a camp), tried me flying and I fell from a lib (flat on my face, no one caught me) and I guess thumbed myself in the eye. Eye was fine, broke my thumb.
Broken shin doing a bhs
Put my teeth through my lip by kneeing myself in the face doing tuck baskets on a tumble track
Lots of other random broken/sprained/jammed fingers
Broken nose alot from flyers twisting with elbows out
Concussion and hurt my wrist from I think catching a basket, couldn't tell you because I still dont remember that day..
Very bad knees that constantly give out now from falling on them so much
Sprained my ankles alot, the last bad one was bouncing around a trampoline on my knees (yeah...)sprained ankle and I didnt stay off of it. Now I have to always have an ankle brace to do any running tumbling or it will resprain. Fantastic.

Most recent injury? Pulled hamstring.

How? I was doing switch leaps.

Why? Because I wanted to be the solo dancer on Shooting Stars.

and I wonder why people think I'm weird.

over rotated a front 1 1/4 flip on tramp and "scorpioned"
in other words both feet kicked me in the back of the head
can't walk without pain :p

I tore the ligament in my thumb which is the one you need to grab and just use the complete thumb right at competition in the first few seconds of the program 4 weeks ago while catching a basket full. Had surgery right the week after comp and now i'm still recovering and going to therapy...
The worst accident i had was trippin of a tumbling mat and dislocating my kneecap which actually damaged almost everything inside my knee, ligaments etc ....had to stop practising for almost a year and spent all summer at home ugh :/

Most recent injury? Pulled hamstring.

How? I was doing switch leaps.

Why? Because I wanted to be the solo dancer on Shooting Stars.

and I wonder why people think I'm weird.

Is it bad that I was doing the same thing the other day and really really hurt the top of my foot?

in april right before our tryouts doing fulls i snapped my acl and tore my mcl and meniscus. i had surgery done may 27th and im not in physical therapy and can walk in 4 days ! :)
ill be able to tumble again in october.

in april right before our tryouts doing fulls i snapped my acl and tore my mcl and meniscus. i had surgery done may 27th and im not in physical therapy and can walk in 4 days ! :)
ill be able to tumble again in october.

I tore my ACL and meniscus and had the surgery done in March. I would definitely recommend physical therapy though! I was walking without a brace 3 weeks after surgery but I'm 4 months out of surgery and my quad strength is still a lot less in my one leg than in my good leg. Physical therapy definitely helps and will get you back quicker without recurring injury!!

fractured T1 & T2 vertebrae from a stunt fall.
it was supposed to put me out of cheering for good but i am trying to work through it

Back