All-Star Most Recent Injury in Cheerleading, and How you did it.

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I won't go into what I've done to my back and knees basing- but recently at an audition I held a foot too close to my skin during a pyramid and it rubbed away most of the skin ahaha.

i was just diagnosed with a concussion from repeatedly hitting my head over and over again on my backspots shoulder in half double downs!

Okay.
Non Cheer:
*When I was 7 I was jumping off my deck and broke my arm.
The deck was a foot and a half off the ground.
*When I was 12 Iwas running down my hallway and hit my hand on the door and broke my hand. The doctor said it wasn't broken. Now my bone can pop out of place. It was clearly broken, but to fix it they have to rebreak it and I don't care that much haha.
*I recently jammed my finger in my sleep. HA
*And I roll my ankles on a daily basis haha

Gymnastics
*Did my dismount on bean, came up short and smaked my big toe on the beam and broke it badly. It's still not totally healed. That was 6 years ago. UGH.
*Did a full on trampoline and got loose in the middle of it and smaked my foot on the bar of the trampoline and fractured my whole foot when I was 11.
*When I was 12 I hyper extended my knee doing a punch front

Cheerleading
*When I was 15 in my first year of cheer I stepped out of a stunt and sprained my ankle.
*I have jammed so many fingers I can't even count that high.
*Last year when I was 16 I did a full on floor and landed straight on my back. gooddd.
*I almost blew out my knee doing a round off backhandspring tuck on hardwood and competed on it that weekend with all my tumbling and jumps. My knee got twisted in my stunt and I couldn't grab a scorp because it hurt so bad to bend it. The it gave out in pyramid. WOOOO!
*I have loose tendons and liagments in my ankles. Yay.
*Plus I can pop just about any joint, I have really bad/weak joints.
*I also have scoliosis in my upper and lower back. Yay pinched nerves!

i was doing a full up and it was probably 100 degrees in the gym that day and after it hit my foot slipped right out of my bases's hand and i broke my ankle when it slammed to the mat. it's been 3 months and it's still broke :\

i broke my hand doing a whip through to full, like the middle finger bone. and it wasnt even during the whip or the full part. it was during my backhandspring i do after the whipp! :) hahaa that was like last marchhhh!

broke my thumb doing a two to full... i guess my hand hit the floor weird and my thumb got stuck....people said they heard it crack and i didnt even feel it

not really an injury butttt.....

At practice monday, we were doing a stunt where the flyer goes into a show and go then fold up and is supposed to get caught on her back... (sorry i forget what its called!!!!) and i slipped out of my bases hands and landed right on my head. it was scary but i didnt get too hurt. Just a bad headache :p

I did a standing tuck and stopped in the middle of it. Feel directly on my neck. I don't know WHY I stopped, I'm so stupid for that, everyone thought I was dead because when I landed on my neck, it sounded as if glass was breaking in my body. And I was on the floor for a while, it wasn't fall that I could just brush off.

This happened yesterday, my neck is better than it was yesterday, but there is a bit of soreness whenever I move my neck a certain way. I'm gonna throw the tuck tomorrow with a spotter, but it's kind of funny how I screwed up on something that I knew how to do for a while now.

there are a lot of knee and ankle injuries here -
By far the worst injury i've EVER had was...

Getting 3 of my teeth knock out!
Practice went as usual... throwing everything full-out. In the beginning of the routine (standing full section), the guy next to me decides to go a count earlier for the standing full. After he lands, he turns to grab the girl behind him, swings out his arm and hit me DIRECTLY in the mouth right as I am landing my standing full. I IMMEDIATELY ran to the bathroom, mouth full of blood, because something didn't 'feel' right in my mouth... looked in the mirror.. and 3 of my teeth were completely OUT.

Since I had braces, they stopped them from coming out completely but yet also contributed to my teeth being so easily knocked out (shifting). I had to get 6 stitches on my upper lip (there was a puncture all the way thru) and have my teeth put BACK in place (which hurt like HELL [more so than getting hit in the mouth]). They even put a few stitches through my gums to hold my teeth back in place to let the gum heal over the root of the teeth! THAT WAS A HORRIBLE EXPERIENCE!!

The really bad part was that... this happened on the Wednesday before the weekend to Cheerleading Worlds. I wasn't able to compete at all because bouncing up and down was very painful for my mouth plus my lip was the size of a basketball from the swelling for 5days!! I wasnt even going to GO to Worlds... but I really didnt want to miss it... so... I went anyway.. and held a towel over my mouth THE ENTIRE TIME! lol---

Just had meniscus repair about a month ago, the doctor said he doesnt want me to start tumbling until February...? Just wondering if anyone has had this certain knee surgery, and when you started tumbling again? My boss at a gymnastics gym and she says i should be able to start tumbling by then end of this month.... NEED HELP! :)

I just broke my hand two weeks ago... did 3 ro-hs-layouts, then went to warmup some standing ( i dunno why but i always do running the standing) did 4 standing handsprings, then decided to do just one more...then crack! broke my 4th n 2nd metacarpal...blown. now im missing my 1st and possibly my 2nd competition of the season =(

Back