All-Star Most Recent Injury in Cheerleading, and How you did it.

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

1. i broke my ankle twice
2.sprained my knee twice
3.sprained my neck twice
4.broke 4 fingers
5.broke my thumb
6.broke my wrist twice
7.bruised and almost ruptured my spleen.
my las\test one was a fall on the neck bc i was doing a layout and for some reason my body stopped half way through and i fell and landed on my neck.
I still have a mental block.
I now have something wrong with my hip and i have something wrong with my wrist but im going to the orthopewdic soon. so yeah ha

Tore my meniscus half way a month ago and 2 weeks ago I completely tore the rest of it. I will not be getting surgery till the end of the season if I can help it.

Not a good idea, i thought the same thing and my doctor told me i needed it or id be out for the rest of the season. Got it done a little bit over a month ago and im already back stunting! :) Just think about when you 60 and wishing you had it done sooner than later...

Just had meniscus repair about a month ago, the doctor said he doesnt want me to start tumbling until February...? Just wondering if anyone has had this certain knee surgery, and when you started tumbling again? My boss at a gymnastics gym and she says i should be able to start tumbling by then end of this month.... NEED HELP! :)

yeah, I had the same surgery. well I had like 30% taken out.. but the doctor released me in 3 weeks, so I went back to tumbling (easy) the day after I was medically released ..and it hurt soooo bad . I ended up waiting a few more weeks before I tried starting again, but I'm pretty sure I did something else to it the first day back. I mean I suck it up and deal with it now, but since then it still hurts most of the time. I wish I would have waited longer to start ..so my advice is wait til the doctor says!!

A month ago I sprained my right ankle really bad when I was running into a tumbling pass lol. It rolled to the side. It still kind of hurts but it's getting better

I recently broke my ankle and tore three ligaments in my foot. I was doing a round off whip whip and after the first whip I just landed wrong:(

I was trying to reply to the post about the achillis tendon....i just recently tore mines.....I dont think i completly did but partial....it doesnt hurt at all but i cant really walk that well....i tore it tuesday 3 days b4 atlantic city this weekend......im not clear to do anything but use my crutches, but i competed and proud to say odyssey is in first love my team!!

I jammed my toe stepping down off the tumbltrak to the rod floor. . . I've never broken a bone so this is the closet thing I have to a real injury lol

in april right before our tryouts doing fulls i snapped my acl and tore my mcl and meniscus. i had surgery done may 27th and im not in physical therapy and can walk in 4 days ! :)
ill be able to tumble again in october.
i did the same thing, but this is round two! Im afraid to come back this time, how has your knee been feeling lately? i dont wanna ruin the rest of my life with my obsession with cheer, awk lol

I'm not sure how I did it, I just remember feeling pain when sitting in a straddle once, but I injured my hip to the point of not being able to jump, kick my leg any higher than like 80 degrees, sit in a straddle, or stretch it at all.

I'm prettty sure I just underroated in my full (not exactly sure since I don't actually remember much) but I ended tearing my ACL. I tried to come back to cheer two more times after that (we didnt go to a doctor because I didn't think it was anything serious. Normally they just give you the whole 'I cant find anything wrong, so rest for 6-8 weeks and drink plenty of water' speech, which is not possible in cheer) and hurt my knee again both times. Overall, I ended up tearing my ACL, had 2 tears in my Meniscus, and had a bone graft done (when the doctor shaves off some of your bone).

I don't even remember exactly what I was doing but I fell during tumbling and I landed really funny on both of my shoulders. It didn't hurt at first but I feel it now! Oh and my knee pains which im pretty sure I've posted about at least once on this board.

I recently broke my finger and im wondering if im the only one?
It seems like injuries are still out of control. I gotta ask, as there been any progress in high school, All Star or Collegiate cheerleading when it comes to preventing injuries and having well trained medical staff on hand to deal with injuries? I had thought that cheerleading was notorious for neglecting these issues and was wondering what, if anything, has changed.

Back