All-Star Most Touching Cheer Moments...

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Mar 31, 2010
With Christmas fast approaching, I just wanted to know what is your warmest, fuzziest cheer moment.
Here's mine :)
At Worlds last year, it was my daughter's first year on WCSS. All the teams were wonderful to each other. I saw no mean spiritedness. Day two, the winners were announced and SS had taken silver. I was so proud of them, but I knew there was going to be some disappointment. I waited outside the Milk House and when the SS came out, a huge crowd had gathered and were cheering, "World Cup!" and throwing up the sign. My daughter turned around and one boy from Peru said, "You are NUMBER ONE!" with a very thick accent. My daughter turned to him and said, Thank you...but we lost. He then looked right into her eyes and pointed to his heart. He said, "Here, to me, you are number one." Needless to say my daughter hugged him and we all dissolved into tears, but not because we didn't take first. It was how supportive the whole community was. What a class act the world cheerleading family is! I know there is often drama, but the good always outweighs the bad for me.

With Christmas fast approaching, I just wanted to know what is your warmest, fuzziest cheer moment.
Here's mine :)
At Worlds last year, it was my daughter's first year on WCSS. All the teams were wonderful to each other. I saw no mean spiritedness. Day two, the winners were announced and SS had taken silver. I was so proud of them, but I knew there was going to be some disappointment. I waited outside the Milk House and when the SS came out, a huge crowd had gathered and were cheering, "World Cup!" and throwing up the sign. My daughter turned around and one boy from Peru said, "You are NUMBER ONE!" with a very thick accent. My daughter turned to him and said, Thank you...but we lost. He then looked right into her eyes and pointed to his heart. He said, "Here, to me, you are number one." Needless to say my daughter hugged him and we all dissolved into tears, but not because we didn't take first. It was how supportive the whole community was. What a class act the world cheerleading family is! I know there is often drama, but the good always outweighs the bad for me.
awww this is so sweet! A rly touching story thx for sharing:)

it may have been the first year that nca allowed special needs teams to compete against each other and md twisters eye of the storm won. well after they took their pictures jimmy, one of the teammates, had the trophy in his hand. he looked at the crowd and lifted the trophy into the air as a sign of victory and motioned the crowd to cheer. it was genuine and showed that he was just as much a competitor as everyone else. truly touching. go jimmy!

Blunchin, I had a similar experience watching that same team. Aren't they amazing? Again, it's why we love cheerleading. All smack talk aside, it is a very supportive community with a lot of heart.

Blunchin, I had a similar experience watching that same team. Aren't they amazing? Again, it's why we love cheerleading. All smack talk aside, it is a very supportive community with a lot of heart.

i completely agree. we've all seen the good side of cheer and i wouldn't mind seeing it more often.

The cheer community is very supportive. I am taken back every time I leave a competition and hear the wonderful things that are said about Keystone Extreme's athletes. I always say to my athletes that the comment from another program, coach, parents...whomever which is positive is better than any trophy I can take home. I see it every competition we are at, our kids taking pictures with other programs because they love the sport, standing up for teams who deserve a standing ovation, cheering on other teams within our program or others, our special needs team FIRE being two time international all levels champions and every single one of them with a BEAMING smiles...it is priceless. Each athlete works so hard and at the end of the day there has to be a winner and a loser, it is important to teach our children how to win and loose, it is an INVALUABLE experience that is taught:) It takes a REAL winner to celebrate the little things and it is so nice to hear that people see what awesome virtues this sport can teach:) PS... I love this post!!!

My warm and fuzzy cheer memory was a few years ago..I honestly cannot remember which competition it was at I think either Return to Atlantis or American Cheer Power. Anyways, I was just sitting in the audience with teammates/friends and watching the competition and after this one team (can't remember even a gym name) finished performing and were walking off the floor then the announcer called back a little girl onto the floor, she was probably around 9-10ish or younger. So the little girl went back out onto the floor and stood there facing the audience. Next thing you know a man in an Army uniform came out from the warmup area and out of the curtains..he came out onto the floor and picked her up!!! Then her family came down with a huge American flag and put it around the dad and they played Proud to be an American. I remember bawling my eyes out it was the cutest thing I had ever seen! Her dad had been gone a little over a year, I think almost 2. I have family and now my boyfriend in the military so this definitely hits pretty close to home for me..and I thought it was so wonderful for both the cheer team and competition company to make this unforgettable memory special for the girl and her family!! :)

There's a little girl on my team who has older sisters. Her and my little bit have been friends forever. Anyway, at their house there's a coat rack mounted to the wall with 3 pegs. Each older sister had a jacket (NCA) on their peg and this little girl's was empty for a number of years. 3 years ago when Youth Elite won at Cheersport I cried so hard when she came out from behind the curtain with her new jacket on. I was so happy that she finally had a jacket for her peg. Probably not what you meant, but a very nice moment in history for me.

I will also never forget my little bit, same team, coming out from behind that curtain with her first jacket on. Priceless.

Also, watching her sob when her team won NCA. First time she ever cried at awards. She waited so many years to be like her big sister, another very nice moment!

MsTeal, THIS is exactly what I was talking about. It doesn't get much warmer or fuzzier than that. <3

Back