All-Star Moving Around During A Performance Grrr

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I went to Spirit Cheer this past weekend in AC. I arrived FOUR hours early to get a great seat for F5 - only for the entire isle to be cluttered/people standing/people on shoulders the second they took the floor to the point where all I basically saw were stunts above the crowd. $20 for parking $25 for entry $6 for waters... $51 poorly spent -_-

Girl, sometimes it's hard to keep parents down during band comps too. At the one we give, I volunteered to keep the gates to keep people from moving. Wheweee some folks couldn't understand why I was holding the gates shut. Ugh. At other band comps we went to people were moving all over the place. At least we stop that at our own comp.

Oh girl in NC, we had "shushers". They had a big ole sign that said QUIET and they would shut you up quick if you were noisy.

Most of the time people are milling about for:

*Young kids performances.
*Special needs performances.
* Gyms with not a lot of fan fare and support.

Sit down and clap for these kids. It takes 2 min out of your day.

Sidenote: talking and moving is discouraged at many dance comps. I shushed a few people at my god-daughter's dance recitals because they were like THREE and an entire row was just talking away. Shut it.

And folks, we have to stop with that "don't tell my kid what to do!" sass when I as an adult tell your child:

"Please sit down."
"You need to move, this is VIP for parents please."
"Excuse me stop standing on seats."

Rules. Your kid is not three. They can read.

I did not go crazy Black lady on them. I didn't snatch them up by their pony tails, I asked them to move for a 60 year old grandma who can't see over them.

Last one but I know many of you have kids on the teams that kids CAN'T WAIT to see and will push, stand on chairs, be ridiculous to get video of.

It must be really irritating to not always be able to see your kid close.

I dunno how you stand it.

Even in the VIP section... it’s great that other parents and kids want to see a team their child is not on, but let the parents of the children on the performing team get spots first before you crowd the entire front area. I’m super short and I have a video of one comp where I basically filmed the hair of a lady whose child wasn’t even on CPs team.. I had to keep moving to get shots between people standing in front. They hit too..I think..

Even in the VIP section... it’s great that other parents and kids want to see a team their child is not on, but let the parents of the children on the performing team get spots first before you crowd the entire front area. I’m super short and I have a video of one comp where I basically filmed the hair of a lady whose child wasn’t even on CPs team.. I had to keep moving to get shots between people standing in front. They hit too..I think..

I thought about that and it is probably annoying, esp. if your gym has a Worlds team that lots of kids want to see. Or that a lot of kids have friends on.

Ex: Yes, aged out college students, I know your best friends are on (example) TGLC, but you can't hog up the parent seating to get good video. What if Becky's dad works every weekend, and this is the only weekend off for him to see her cheer this season? Move your butt!

I thought about that and it is probably annoying, esp. if your gym has a Worlds team that lots of kids want to see. Or that a lot of kids have friends on.

Ex: Yes, aged out college students, I know your best friends are on (example) TGLC, but you can't hog up the parent seating to get good video. What if Becky's dad works every weekend, and this is the only weekend off for him to see her cheer this season? Move your butt!

All of this. We had a team going after us come into the vip section with us. When someone raised an eyebrow they said “don’t worry we’ll cheer for you”. It was awkward. Many of of them took the front spots too. And not a few people either, like 30 people.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If a bunch of kids, even (especially) ones from our gym are hogging the front of the VIP section, I just nicely say, “Hey, I am mom and need to see CP, can you please move?” I am 5’2””....people always let me up to the front! I’ve never had anyone not move when they realize I’m a mom of a kid on the team.

I'll say what I've said before about this topic: cheer comps are like tennis matches.

When there's a break in action, go nuts. Move around, get food, chat, look for seats. But when a team is performing? Stay put. Because in tennis, if you move around while they're playing, the chair umpire gonna whip your a$s.

Back