All-Star Moving From One Well Known Gym To Another

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I feel like I should add that my CP needs positive reinforcement. If you tell her she is bad at something, she believes you and it becomes self-fullfilling. She is also intimidated by others who are better than her. It does not motivate her to be told so and so can do this, why can't you. The gym she left is an excellent gym and many girls thrive there. It just wasn't good for my child.

I feel like I should add that my CP needs positive reinforcement. If you tell her she is bad at something, she believes you and it becomes self-fullfilling. She is also intimidated by others who are better than her. It does not motivate her to be told so and so can do this, why can't you. The gym she left is an excellent gym and many girls thrive there. It just wasn't good for my child.
Exactly! That's the thing! If it works for others, fine. That's great. But if it doesn't work for you, fine! Move on.

This is why I love coaching small teams. I can get to know each athlete's motivator and talk to them differently. I really try to watch how I talk to my athletes, because I was just like your daughter and still am.

Parents: Coaches really do want the best for their athletes. Before leaving, please please please have a conversation. They may not realize what they're doing. If they don't change though, it's time to get your kid out of there.

Back