All-Star Moving On To The Big C From Allstar

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Sorry to say it, but college scholarships for cheer and dance are a joke. YOU MIGHT be able to get about a grand or a little more per semetser. But you STILL have a bill as well with most colleges. Camp fees, choreography fees, uniforms fees etc. Here at my school usually the scholarship just cancels out the fees you pay. And my school has 22 national NDA and NCA titles. Sucks that the school doesn't really understand how hard these teams work.
This is not true with all colleges. The school my daughter cheers for has a scholarship program and she does not pay anything to cheer including competing at NCA. You aren't going to get a free ride, but you would be shocked at how few athletes for every sport, including football and basketball, have full scholarships.

This is not true with all colleges. The school my daughter cheers for has a scholarship program and she does not pay anything to cheer including competing at NCA. You aren't going to get a free ride, but you would be shocked at how few athletes for every sport, including football and basketball, have full scholarships.

I was very surprised to learn football players at my daughters school only get half tuition scholarships. The only cheer expense I had to pay was her clinic and tryout fees. I don't even have to send any money with her for travel games, meals are all provided. Her scholarship money is very small but it's better than nothing. But at her school, you cheer because you love it, not for the money.

Look into test score scholarships. My daughters ACT scores didn't qualify her for any scholarships (she missed it by one point and her scores dropped in subsequent testing) but I know several girls who have gotten half tuition scholarships at 4 year schools or full tuition (including room and board) at 2 year schools.

You could look at schools that offer stunt instead of just cheer. They get more scholaship money. Quinnipiac, Baylor, Oregon etc. Still not a full ride but some give enough to cover tuition (not room & board).

Back