Moving To Another Country To Cheer?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Oh my! I have only a few hundred saved up in the bank, plus my job now. I'm actually really terrible at saving money :p
Kudos to you on your hard work! :D
Thanks! :) It was definitely a long time to save up, but completely worth it. Luckily I'm pretty good about being a "practical shopper" and rarely get possessed to spend much on clothes or random items on the whole, which helped a lot. One of my good friends takes me along to be the voice of reason when she's shoe shopping haha....... Quote from one of our shopping trips: "no, you don't need ANOTHER pair of sperrys.......I don't care if this pair is orange and your pair is light orange. You don't need them.":rolleyes: LOL

If you are looking for a job in Australia, I have a few positions available that'll allow you to both cheer and to work with our younger programs.

Pm me and I'll give you some more information :)

I am not actually moving to another country to cheer but i am moving to england to study abroad and i am going to do allstar cheer over there aswell , i am so excited!!!!!
I also think combining studying and cheering would probably be a great idea, or working at a gym (as you have already been offered ) and cheering! I could imagine this is an amazing experience!

Try flying from Australia to Worlds! It takes about 72 hours of travel!
Lots of gyms in Australia welcome international athletes!

Ever since I was around 12 or so, I always dreamed of moving to another country to just experience life outside of america for a couple months. Two places I always dreamed of, Canada and Australia.
So now that i'm going into my senior year, after high school I'm seriously considering making this work, but also adding cheerleading into the mix. I'm still unsure of the amount of time I would like to spend away, but I would definitely want to be there long enough to cheer on a team.
My question is, do you (as in mainly the people who live in Canada or Australia or anyway else perhaps) think this is possible? Would gyms in your areas accommodate someone from the US to join their team? Are there any programs that work with cheerleaders wish to do so?
Any advice to help my decision? Thank you for your help! :)

I live in Canada and I'm sure any program you go to would love to have you no matter where you are from! lol if you wanted to study abroad I don't think students find it too bad coming from the US...a lot of people actually come here because school is so much cheaper! lol

I live in Canada and I'm sure any program you go to would love to have you no matter where you are from! lol if you wanted to study abroad I don't think students find it too bad coming from the US...a lot of people actually come here because school is so much cheaper! lol
Hehe, yes! At all the colleges I've looked at so far online in Canada are waaay cheaper!

On a side note though, can someone from the UK explain a little more what college/6th form is like a little more to me? I tried finding stuff online that explained it some more, but i'm still confused.

And for anyone else wanting to offer help about this, I'm wanting to study business for school so any suggestions on schools I can look into are very helpful :)

Hehe, yes! At all the colleges I've looked at so far online in Canada are waaay cheaper!

On a side note though, can someone from the UK explain a little more what college/6th form is like a little more to me? I tried finding stuff online that explained it some more, but i'm still confused.

And for anyone else wanting to offer help about this, I'm wanting to study business for school so any suggestions on schools I can look into are very helpful :)

University of Toronto is good as well as their colleges and they have tons of cheer programs as well around the area

I am not actually moving to another country to cheer but i am moving to england to study abroad and i am going to do allstar cheer over there aswell , i am so excited!!!!!
I also think combining studying and cheering would probably be a great idea, or working at a gym (as you have already been offered ) and cheering! I could imagine this is an amazing experience!
I do think I'm going to add studying as well :) When are you going to England?
Good luck & I hope you have tons of fun & have a great experience :D
You'll of course have to tell me about it & give me some great advice!

Ok, not entirely sure what you wanted, but I'll try to give you a brief run-down:
In England you've got to be in school until the age of 16. After that, you can leave, or go to college (not the same as college in the US- its usually a 2year course which will be equivalent to most age 16-18 courses) or you can go to 6th form where you take A-levels (which I think are the equivalent of the US SATs). 6th form tends to be the more academic route, while college is often more vocational (although many colleges also offer A-levels).
Then you apply for university (I think this is generally known as college in the US) in your final year (aged 17/18), and your offers of a place to study are conditional on your final results, which you receive in the summer that you leave (age 18).
University courses are usually 3 or 4 years and give you a Bachelors or a Masters respectively. However some more vocational courses (medicine, vet and dentistry are the ones that come to mind) last upto 7 years, but you graduate with a higher level degree (I think this is like the equivalent of the courses in the professional schools in the US, combined with a standard bachelors/masters).
I'm not sure how well that answered your question, but let me know if you've got ant more questions and I'll do my best to answer!

Ok, not entirely sure what you wanted, but I'll try to give you a brief run-down:
In England you've got to be in school until the age of 16. After that, you can leave, or go to college (not the same as college in the US- its usually a 2year course which will be equivalent to most age 16-18 courses) or you can go to 6th form where you take A-levels (which I think are the equivalent of the US SATs). 6th form tends to be the more academic route, while college is often more vocational (although many colleges also offer A-levels).
Then you apply for university (I think this is generally known as college in the US) in your final year (aged 17/18), and your offers of a place to study are conditional on your final results, which you receive in the summer that you leave (age 18).
University courses are usually 3 or 4 years and give you a Bachelors or a Masters respectively. However some more vocational courses (medicine, vet and dentistry are the ones that come to mind) last upto 7 years, but you graduate with a higher level degree (I think this is like the equivalent of the courses in the professional schools in the US, combined with a standard bachelors/masters).
I'm not sure how well that answered your question, but let me know if you've got ant more questions and I'll do my best to answer!
Thank you so much!
This actually helped clear up a lot of answers, but also created some new ones ;)
1. Are A-Levels mandatory to take?
2. If I'll be 18 by the time I'm over in the UK; which type of schooling do you suggest I take? Which is cheaper? (I'm only staying for a year)
3. Which is most time consuming?
Thank you :D

Thank you so much!
This actually helped clear up a lot of answers, but also created some new ones ;)
1. Are A-Levels mandatory to take?
2. If I'll be 18 by the time I'm over in the UK; which type of schooling do you suggest I take? Which is cheaper? (I'm only staying for a year)
3. Which is most time consuming?
Thank you :D

Haha, I'm not surprised!
1. No, no education after you complete the school year in which you turn 16 is mandatory (however, it's almost impossible to get into University without them, unless you have an equivalent from Scotland/Ireland/USA etc);
2. If you wanted to study over here for a year, I think you would have to look into 1 year college courses (there should be quite a few for business I think, although you would want to do some research into what sort of qualification you get at the end of the course and whether it's recognised in the US).
That would probably be a bit superfluous if you are planning on going to college when you go back to America, so if you are it may make more sense to do a year in college in the US first, then look into study abroad programmes (I think a lot of colleges run them because I'm hoping to spend some time in America through University!)
Money-wise, I would assume that college would be a lot cheaper than university, but you might want to do a bit of research because I think you get treated slightly differently as an international student;
3. Depends completely on the course, but as a general rule I would say University.

Feel free to send any more questions my way!

ETA: Just realised I've used college in 2 senses here- the US college which is the equivalent of our university (I think), and the UK college which is generally age 16-18 stuff.... I hope you can work out which one is which!

Back